UltraHeat, Inc. - FAQs
From the FAQ:
1) The heaters must must not be turned on without liquid in the tank.
2) The heaters must must not be turned on when temps will be above freezing.
3) The heaters will operate just fine using the truck's alternator when traveling.
4) They will maintain (and cycle independently) between 44 and 64 degree F - ON at 44 and OFF at 64.
5) Initially, they will be on for quite a while if you wait till 44 to turn them on since it will need to warm all that liquid up to 64 degrees. Turn them on when you think you might need them. It is easier to keep warm tanks warm than warm up a near frozen tank.
6) THEY WILL NOT THAW OUT FROZEN TANKS OR VALVES!
Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW