Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #1
Who Dares, Wins

Help confirming issue with dometic 310

I have a blue streak hooked up our one toilet and I noticed it was getting clear water pushed into the tube that should be blue streak fluid.

My idea / thought is the valve at the foot pedal might be leaking a bit allowing water to push through then back flowing into the blue streak hose.

I have not checked to this to confirm, but my thought is to remove the hose at the back of the toilet above the valve to see if I get a drip.also going to check my water pressure to make sure it is not over the top where we are at right now.

Thanks!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:50 PM   #2

When you installed the "T" did you install with the arrow pointing in the direction of water flow? I have not had your issue with my 310 and the blue streak system. I think if the valve were leaking there would be water coming out the toilet rim jet holes and that would pull the streak with it but one never knows.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:06 PM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I have a Blue Streak and a 310 also and at times, experience the same thing. It isn't much of the Blue Streak hose that gets clear water, maybe an inch at best.

My thoughts are... the bowl has always had some dribbling after flushing which would eventually put about a half cup of water in the bowl over a few minutes. I questioned this in my mind after getting this unit, to the point that I contacted Dometic about it. They said it was normal for the 300 series flush valve to do this so there is always a little water in the bowl.

With that said... now that I've installed the Blue Streak, I believe some of that dribbling backflushes into feed hose of the Blue Streak since it is plumbed into the bowl feed hose.

I never completely fill my Blue Streak reservoir to the top so I can't say the level has ever risen enough to be detrimental so I'm not concerned and I've never had the slightest issue.

Like I said, only about an inch of the Blue Streak supply hose gets clear so maybe two teaspoons backfill.

I think the height you mount the reservoir may have something to do with it too as I have mine mounted close the floor and the top of the bowl where the dribbling takes place is 6" higher so gravity has a bit of an effect.

That's my take on it doc.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Blue streak has been installed for a while. Not thinking it's and issue with that. I went out and found the water had pushed back from about 1/2" to about 8" now so I think it is not just weaping. Mine is installed the same as your height 5picker. Thank you both for your help so far.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic