Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #1

Question Help! Problems winterizing Sierra TT for second year

Could really use some help on winterizing my 2010 TT. The first year I had it, I tried the panel winterizing method and spent way more money and antifreeze than needed by putting antifreeze into the tank. Lesson learned. This year, I purchased a Camco bypass system to put the hose directly into the gallon jug. I installed the bypass valve, drained the hot water tank, all the low point valves, etc. I then removed the water filter element and re-installed the clear container. I turned on my water pump and it sucked up antifreeze really fast and then stopped. I opened the sink cold water valve and water slowly started to flow. Now, this all seems to work okay, however, the pump with come on for about one second and then shut off for two seconds as if the system as pressure. Yet the water just trickles out. I tried different valves, including the bath tub and hot water valves.

I made sure that I installed the antifreeze bypass valve on the incoming side of the pump. Secondly, the filter can is full of antifreeze, so I know it is being sucked up and pumped through the lines. The question is why the pump doesn't continue to run if the valves are open. This is getting extremely frustrating as my old Jayco worked flawlessly and could be winterized in about 20 minutes.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
2005Deucei is offline   Reply With Quote