Old 05-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
my old trailer used to do this when you first open one of the lines was air locked. It didn't sound normal when the pump cycled, never did figure out what I did to get it to stop Just kept opening and shutting valves till it stopped. Try the overflow on the hot water cracking it open seems to me it took care of air in lines.
The air hammering of opening and closing faucets "may" free debris in the water pump check valve.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #12
Thanks again for all of the help guys! I think I got'r beat. I got a call back from the dealer this morning but they wouldn't get it in until next Wednesday, so decided to continue problem solving a bit myself. Turns out there ARE two bypass valves (one on the cold one on the hot) on the back of the hot water tank (located behind a panel I didn't think to check beside the bed). One was open just a bit so it was obviously pumping a small amount into the tank, which explains why there was pressure building in the hot water tank, and the pump kept pulsing trying to fill it. Once I switched open those valves it filled the tank and lines and operates as normal. Added the bleach/water solution, got it filled up and letting it sit to sanitise as we speak. I feel much better now!

Also managed to swap out all of the interior bulbs for LED's. I had already swapped the exterior flood lights for LED's since one was burnt out already and figured what better time than the present to do so haha.

SHOCKWAVEJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #13
I had a small issue like this, turned out it was a loose fitting at the water pump that was letting the pump suck air.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #14
Grrrr found another leak.... Decided to hook up the city water with a regulator. Turns out the fitting on the back of the city water hook up wasn't tight.... Water all under the fridge, furnace etc etc.

Needless to say it is definitely going in now. Who knows what else was missed before it left the factory AND the dealership.... Hopefully not too much water damage.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #15
The Shockwave spent the past week at the dealer, and everything finally seems to be sorted out. They swapped out all of the plastic fittings with brass, and no more leaks or sweating. Also had them tend to a couple other things I noticed with the trailer after going through it, and it appears she is now officially ready for her maiden voyage this coming weekend.

Thanks again for all of the help and advice everyone! It's great to know there is such a great resource and friendly atmosphere available to Forest River trailer owners.

faucet, pump, water, water pump