Old 10-18-2016, 07:49 PM   #1

Help with outside shower fittings

So I bought a Crusader 295 and it has the quick connect connection for an outside shower but did not come with the hose or disconnect. The connection is much like an air chuck connection on your air compressor. Does anyone know where I can find the associated parts?

Old 10-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum it a great place to get your questions answered. I have never seen what you are talking about could you supply a pic?

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:03 PM   #3

Outside shower

Of course. I should have thought of that. It's on the lower right side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	123381  
Old 10-18-2016, 09:45 PM   #4

I hope someone on the forum can answer your question. it looks like the connection for the wand of a pressure washer to me. couple of options put a standard shower head back on or remove the fitting and take it to someone that deals with those fittings.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:21 PM   #5

It is a quick connect fitting. Your camper probably was meant to have a hose that works with it. I had the same fitting and a matching hose. I found it was very hard to get the hose connected while under pressure and replaced the fitting with a standard garden hose fitting available most hardware stores.

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #6

Help with outside shower

You should be able to find those quick disconnect fittings at any parts store. Both ends and replacement hose at any rv dealer parts dept.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:08 PM   #7
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersb View Post
You should be able to find those quick disconnect fittings at any parts store. Both ends and replacement hose at any rv dealer parts dept.
I've looked all over and no go on the disconnect. I wanted one to make a 12" hose for black tank flush. Several I looked at appeared to be the proper fitting but none would fit. It's a very precise cut system. Possible that this one might fit but I don't want to go through the hassle of having to return it if it doesn't.
https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-9-SA-.../dp/B003HK57T4

BUT, the OP indicated no hose came with the RV. Here is where one can get it:

Spray-Away / Coil Hose 15' - DW Inc.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:46 AM   #8

I think emm-Dee has found what I needed. It's evidently no a shower just an outside spigot.

Thanks everyone for the responses...
Old 10-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I've looked all over and no go on the disconnect. I wanted one to make a 12" hose for black tank flush. Several I looked at appeared to be the proper fitting but none would fit. It's a very precise cut system. Possible that this one might fit but I don't want to go through the hassle of having to return it if it doesn't.
https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-9-SA-.../dp/B003HK57T4

BUT, the OP indicated no hose came with the RV. Here is where one can get it:

Spray-Away / Coil Hose 15' - DW Inc.
The quick disconnect listed here is the one you need. The faucet you have pictured is made by Pheonix, and used their adapter. I know, because I replaced the silly outside faucet with it's unusable 5 foot hose with the Pheonix unit you have. Their disconnect works perfectly, and I have it on a 25 foot hose so my wife can wash our 2 dogs on the road. Allows the hose to be brought around to use under the awning. It's pricey, but no other adapter from the aftermarket seems to work right. A worthwile mod.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Camping trips this year so far...8
Days camping...75
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:45 AM   #10
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
The quick disconnect listed here is the one you need. The faucet you have pictured is made by Pheonix, and used their adapter. I know, because I replaced the silly outside faucet with it's unusable 5 foot hose with the Pheonix unit you have. Their disconnect works perfectly, and I have it on a 25 foot hose so my wife can wash our 2 dogs on the road. Allows the hose to be brought around to use under the awning. It's pricey, but no other adapter from the aftermarket seems to work right. A worthwile mod.
Grumpy
Thank you very much, Steve. I was hesitant to order that part because I had previously bought three different versions of the fitting and had to return them. They all looked like they would fit but the Phoenix fitting is so well built I guess a micro amount of difference won't allow other fittings to work.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower