Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Holding tank drain valves

I bought 2004 GS last year and found out tank valves that won't seal closed. I always get drainage when I uncap the system. I've asked my service guy to replace the valves but he's hesitant to do that since he can't find specific drawings to show location and direction on the system. Has anyone done this or had it done? I've tried to flush and flush but if there's tp or other debris in the system it won't all come out. I always get something out of the black tank after several dozen flushings. I think the previous owners used regular tp One suggestion was to attach a Flush King adaptor and leave it so that I don't get a face full when I take the cap off for hookup.

David Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
I'm certainly no expert but if your valve is easy to get to this video should shed a whole lot of light on how to repair/replace your valve. You can get o-rings to replace the seal or slap a whole new valve on for relatively little $$.

RV Waste Valve Repair & Maintenance by RV Education 101 - YouTube

My TT: 2013 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
jtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
DS ADV Rider
Originally Posted by David Providence View Post
... One suggestion was to attach a Flush King adaptor and leave it so that I don't get a face full when I take the cap off for hookup. ...
I bought a Flush King to clear the blocked outlet of the BW tank (and it works great) and thought about leaving it in place when travelling, but the product packaging has a warning to remove it after cleaning the tank, and states it is NOT a permanent fitting.

Lacrosse 301RLS Touring Edition
GMC Sierra SLT 2500 4X4
BMW F650GS Dakar
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote