Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #1

Holding tank will not drain.....

ON our Wildcat 355LS we have two Black tanks and two Grey Tanks. This last time out when we went or should I say when I went to dump one of the Grey tanks would not drain. The handle pulls out as it should, but get zero, nodda, nothing to drain from that tank.

I assume that the cable is routed to a knife blade type dump gate valve that should pull out when the cable is pulled outward, and then close when the cable is pushed back in to the closed position. I'm I correct so far?

If this is the simplified mechanics then I assume that all I need to do is to start lowering the corrugated lower pan from the frame and follow the cable to locate the problem. I'm I correct again?

Any short cuts or words of wisdom or advice you can give to make this an easier job?

Thanks for any assistance,

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, tank