Old 08-24-2016, 09:07 AM   #11
Global Nomad

[QUOTE=Herk7769;1298698] Here is something close that came off the internet. There may even be a YouTube video if you have the correct make and model faucet.

Thank you Herk. I appreciate the diagram. I will attempt to find the model of the faucet. However, I have 5 left thumbs and would be concerned I will make the situation worse. Maybe I will look for a plumber the next time I am near a big city.

2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #12

Steven,

I would start by taking the hot (red) supply line off the copper tube where it attaches to the faucet (2nd photo/under sink) just to be sure the blockage isn't right at the threaded connection to the copper pipe.
Depending on the debris, I've see the debris be large enough that it made it through the supply line but not through the smaller copper pipe.
You will of course, need to remove the pressure first (city water/pump) so that when removing the line you don't get soaked or blow water all over the place under the sink.

Maybe even run some water through the line while it is off just to be sure the supply line (red) is open and/or not kinked somewhere.

If there is nothing noticeable at that lower connection, you will need to disassemble the single lever on your faucet, (first photo) remove the cartridge parts and see what is in there.

TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Nights Camped: '15 = 22'16 = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:26 AM   #13

One other thought...

It 'may' not even be debris... it easily could be something has broken within the cartridge itself (on the hot side) or an o-ring has dislodged or some other mechanical thing within the faucet has gone wrong.
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Nights Camped: '15 = 22'16 = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:28 AM   #14
Global Nomad

[QUOTE=5picker;1298821]"I would start by taking the hot (red) supply line off the copper tube where it attaches to the faucet (2nd photo/under sink) just to be sure the blockage isn't right at the threaded connection to the copper pipe."

I think I will try that first as it seems it is in my capability. Thank you.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Old 08-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #15

This might or might not be in your comfort zone, but.... you can turn off the hot water only, relieve pressure on the got side, remove supply to faucet, place small bucket under supply from faucet, turn on faucet as if you wanted warm water and you might blow out the blockage. I have blocked the spout with a dime to get full pressure out the hot side to blow rust out of a faucet.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:02 PM   #16
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwilcox View Post
This might or might not be in your comfort zone, but.... you can turn off the hot water only, relieve pressure on the got side, remove supply to faucet, place small bucket under supply from faucet, turn on faucet as if you wanted warm water and you might blow out the blockage. I have blocked the spout with a dime to get full pressure out the hot side to blow rust out of a faucet.
Thank you Dwilcox. I followed your instructions, and it worked. The clog was so small I could barely see it. I now have hot water. I owe you a beer.

2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Tags
pressure