Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
There is no manifold in an RV. I don't see a need to replace the outside shower. Just make sure both valves are turned OFF.
He said his outside shower froze, so the valves may be passing water.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:12 AM   #22

Is your new shower valve a single handle type with scald protection?
James Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Storm View Post
Is your new shower valve a single handle type with scald protection?
Nope, tried a single handle last season and it caused such a drop in flow that it was hard to get any hot water at all.
CarefreeCorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #24

Ok, just installed a new outside shower and nothing changed. I still get 110deg in the kitchen and lav sink but can only get 101deg in either of the showers.

When I turn on the "cold" side in the lav sink the shower goes to 109 for about 10 seconds and then goes back to 105deg........really confusing.

I installed the water heater in 2016, it ran perfectly all last season with 110-115 deg at all faucets. I think my mystake was to allow someone else to winterize (they did not do it right anyway) and now I am paying the price.......
Old 01-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #25

Quote:
There is no manifold in an RV. I don't see a need to replace the outside shower. Just make sure both valves are turned OFF.
As a matter of fact, many RVs (not all) have a center water manifold and if the OP's RV doesn't have one it could be that the outside shower is T-ed off of the bathroom shower and this can very well be causing this problem if it has an internal leak.
Sometimes the best approach to troubleshoot plumbing issues is by eliminating/fixing known problems first.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
As a matter of fact, many RVs (not all) have a center water manifold and if the OP's RV doesn't have one it could be that the outside shower is T-ed off of the bathroom shower and this can very well be causing this problem if it has an internal leak.
Sometimes the best approach to troubleshoot plumbing issues is by eliminating/fixing known problems first.
Replaced the outside shower and no change in the situation.....any other suggestion??? I am at my wits end with this. I really do not want to re-plumb everything......
Old 01-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Replaced both showers and nothing changed......what little hair I have will be gone soon
Old 01-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Only have one problem.....now that I replaced the outside shower......(it was bad)...... Now I still need to find where else "mixing" is happening.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #29

You likely have a faucet that has a anti-scald device built into the valve.
Too adjust for for hot water remove handle you will see a red or blue plastic device that remove by pulling towards you and rotating. And pushing back on. If your shower is a single lever type I’ll bet this is your only problem. Let us know. I’ll look for some pics a post shortly.
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #30

This may help Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2123.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	159996
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefreeCorses View Post
Ok, just installed a new outside shower and nothing changed. I still get 110deg in the kitchen and lav sink but can only get 101deg in either of the showers.

When I turn on the "cold" side in the lav sink the shower goes to 109 for about 10 seconds and then goes back to 105deg........really confusing.

I installed the water heater in 2016, it ran perfectly all last season with 110-115 deg at all faucets. I think my mystake was to allow someone else to winterize (they did not do it right anyway) and now I am paying the price.......
I must have missed this post.
I guess I have a pretty good idea of what's going on.
The water flow in gpm is not the same on all faucets, the shower may be letting more water flow than the water heater can handle, try reducing the flowrate on the water heater slightly and see if that makes a difference.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #32

What us the individual temperature of the shower and bath room faucet running both at the same time?
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5646 View Post
Too adjust for for hot water remove handle you will see a red or blue plastic device that remove by pulling towards you and rotating. And pushing back on. If your shower is a single lever type I’ll bet this is your only problem. Let us know. I’ll look for some pics a post shortly.
Thanks, but they are not single handed faucets. I have a separate hot side and cold side. This would work on a dingke handled faucet.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #34

Quote:
I must have missed this post.
I guess I have a pretty good idea of what's going on.
The water flow in gpm is not the same on all faucets, the shower may be letting more water flow than the water heater can handle, try reducing the flowrate on the water heater slightly and see if that makes a difference.
THANKS, I THINK YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A WORKABLE SOLUTION AT LAST.

It looks like it is a flow issue afterall. If I turn the "hot" side 1/2 way on the water gets to 120+deg (Wife's temp) and if I turn it all the way on (increasing flow) it reaches 100+ deg (my temp). This allows the hot water to be heated at variable temps.......awesome.
Quote:
Only have one problem.....now that I replaced the outside shower......(it was bad)...... Now I still need to find where else "mixing" is happening.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:46 PM   #35

Quote:
THANKS, I THINK YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A WORKABLE SOLUTION AT LAST.

It looks like it is a flow issue afterall. If I turn the "hot" side 1/2 way on the water gets to 120+deg (Wife's temp) and if I turn it all the way on (increasing flow) it reaches 100+ deg (my temp). This allows the hot water to be heated at variable temps.......awesome.
Thanks to all for taking the time to help out.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5646 View Post
Discovered its a flow issue afterall. Thanks
Old 01-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #37

Thanks. You've helped a lot of us.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #38

Great to know. Thanks for the info.
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, show, shower, sink, water