Hello, I'm wondering if anyone in the know might have an opinion about what direction I need to take with this problem:
I have a Rockwood Mini Lite 1905 that is about 2.5 years young. It has a Suburban SW6DE hot water tank. The problem I am having is extremely low HOT water pressure - ONLY the HOT water is a problem, the cold seems normal. I have been reading these and other forums and trying to troubleshoot this problem but so far with no success. Here is what I know / have done:
1) I have checked to make sure the flow valves are both open in and out of the hot water tank, and that the bypass valve is closed.
2) I have checked to make sure that the outside shower head is off and both valves are closed.
3) I can verify that the tank IS heating water - very well - both on the propane side and independently on the electric side (have tested both).
4) The annode rod is new this spring with de-winterization done by a local dealer I have used several times.
5) I let the pressure out of the tank, removed the annode rod, and "flushed" the inside of the tank with a special hose wand for this purpose. Some sediment did come out, but nothing that would seem significant.
6) I removed what I thought was a check-valve on the "cold water in" connection, only to find that it was NOT a check valve, but just a connector. It had no obstructions.
7) I tried filling the tank (without heating the water) with the annode rod out - the tank seems to fill fine (no obstructions coming IN) and gushes right out of the annode rod opening.
8) The only thing I have not yet disconnected is the "hot output" connection but it seems like maybe there is "nothing to see there" (???)
I'm at a loss what to do next. Upon re-filling the tank and trying again, I am still experiencing very low pressure only on the HOT water side. The cold water flows just fine. I have also tried these steps both once with a full hookup (city water connection) and separately just the holding tank and water pump - doesn't seem to make a difference.
One thing I'm not real sure of is there is a valve inside connected to the pump - it is a T connection - seems not to impact water flow, but since I don't understand its function, I guess I don't know if it is set correctly. (???)
I have some pictures of my setup, with some notes, located in this One Drive folder in case that is helpful to anyone.
I feel like after having this camper 2.5 years, and previously other campers, I should be able to isolate this problem, but I can't seem to figure what step to try next other than the dreaded "trip to the service department"...
If anyone has any input on this it sure would be apprecaited.