Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 10:14 PM   #1

Smile Hot water tank leaking

Hi guys, This is pammy. I have a 2012 Rockwood Roo Hybrid and the hot water tank is leaking. Fortunately, it is not leaking inside, just pours out from the outside. I've had to turn to water off at this time.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is it an easy fix or do I need to replace?
Thanks for all information /help.
Pammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:26 PM   #2

When the cover is opened, where is the water coming out from? Best case scenario is the anode rod is loose or missing. Worst case is rust-out or freeze damage requiring replacement.
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:37 PM   #3
Site Team

Did this just all of the sudden happen after you have been camping for awhile...or did it start as soon as you connected to water?

You should have an outside access door to the water heater similar to this one in the pic (but it may be painted to match your RV color scheme). Can you open it and see where the water heater is gushing water from. As stated, it could be coming from an anode rod (if a Suburban brand) or a nylon drain plug (if an Atwood brand). Both of these are sometimes removed during a winterization process.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:41 AM   #4

Smile Water heater leaking

We've been camping for awhile, but this just started last week. I'll open the outside case and check it out.
Thanks for the input.
Pammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:55 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Hot Water Tank leaking

If it is the pressure relief valve, Turn off the electricity/ Gas to the HWT. Turn
off the water supply to the camper. Open a sink hot water faucet to bleed pressure down the tank. Now, but be careful open the pressure relief valve to bleed off the pressure in the HWT. You have to put air pocket back into the top of the tank to stop the pressure relief valve from leaking. Once this is done, turn everything back on . This should correct the pressure relief leak.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, leak, tank, water, water tank