Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 308
How do I contact Forest River?

Hi folks, just bought a very nice 832IKBS and love it.
It had some leaks, dropped it off to be repaired.
I also told them to cut three inches off of the panel that accesses the water heater in order to open and close the three valves in order to winterize. It was two inches below the bottom of the counter. A child couldn't access the valves. I was charged $36.01 because it wasn't considered warranty work!
Would love to get that money back!
__________________

jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Baraboo, WI
Posts: 187
Is it worth the frustration to get the money back? Sometimes just paying the money to get the work done is worth it.
When I bought my FR, the person that installed the stabilizing jacks must have had the impact driver set on max torque because several of the bolts were broken off. I Just repaired it myself and did not worry about warranty repair.
__________________

BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 19,485
They have a "contact us" feature on their website. You will then select your make/model etc to get the correct contact info.

Forest River RV Contact Us - Forest River, Inc.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

As I've told my kids a hundred zillion times, "Don't exaggerate."
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:39 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 43
Frustrating

In September I contacted Warranty dept about remote on fireplace not working. No big deal . Was told they have to send whole new FIREPLACE . Then lavatory sink developed leak. After many phone calls , e mails w pics they finally sent Totaly WRONG faucet. Now it s January still waiting for fireplace and correct faucet 😡😤. Wouldn't be so frustrating if communication on their part wasn' t almost non existent.
ronrox18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:17 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhartjr View Post
Hi folks, just bought a very nice 832IKBS and love it.
It had some leaks, dropped it off to be repaired.
I also told them to cut three inches off of the panel that accesses the water heater in order to open and close the three valves in order to winterize. It was two inches below the bottom of the counter. A child couldn't access the valves. I was charged $36.01 because it wasn't considered warranty work!
Would love to get that money back!
Seriously ?? a modification you had made to make it easier to winterize you want payment for ??? Sorry I just must have missed something here.

__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #6
Canadian Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrox18 View Post
In September I contacted Warranty dept about remote on fireplace not working. No big deal . Was told they have to send whole new FIREPLACE . Then lavatory sink developed leak. After many phone calls , e mails w pics they finally sent Totaly WRONG faucet. Now it s January still waiting for fireplace and correct faucet 😡😤. Wouldn't be so frustrating if communication on their part wasn' t almost non existent.
Ronrox18, FR has a lot of brands and factories. Your profile and signature donít indicate what brand and model you have. If you can post that, others with that brand may be able to get you a contact name who can help expedite.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Signature 8290BS
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:40 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 308
No, Camping World did it along with warranty work.
The water heater was inaccessible the way the panel was put in!
I don't think I should have to pay to get it accessible!
__________________
2018 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer.

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 308
I did go to FR website and explain the situation, I'll let y'all know what happens.
__________________
2018 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer.

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:43 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 308
Actually, it is the principle of it.
It should have been cut to where it was accessible from the factory.
I actually cut my arm trying to access the water heater.
__________________
2018 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer.

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:47 AM   #10
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 10,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhartjr View Post
I did go to FR website and explain the situation, I'll let y'all know what happens.
Your signature says you have a "2006 Flagstaff 831RLSS Travel Trailer". Your OP says you have a 832IKB. Is that also a Flagstaff? If so, it seems like you should contact Flagstaff warranty and not the parent company, Forest River.

Many of us have to remove something, a panel or a drawer or something to access water heater valves. I'd be surprised if anyone gives you anything in return for this little job.
__________________

__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 29; booked = 12
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forest river

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.