Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #1

How do you drain the water on a 2011 Forester 2651S?

The manual is pretty generic covering several models. I bought this one used and not from a Forest River dealer and we couldn't figure out how one drained the fresh water tank and water lines. They thought that perhaps you opened up the valves we found near the tank and the HW tank and that maybe drained into the gray water tank and then out from there. Also thought that they maybe had to be blown out by air connector to a faucet. That seems a bit old fashioned in this day and age.

Does anyone know and can help? Even a link to a video on it?

Thanks!

Bob
YoBobH42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
RV Newbie

You should have several low point drains. Probably in the undercarrage near the city water connection and maybe somewhere near the bath/kitchen. Open those, probably have caps on the ends, and open the facets inside.
1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
buzzards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #3

i have a different trailer. on mine there are two plex lines hanging out the back from the under belly. that's the low point drains like the ones buzzard refers to. i think one drains the fresh water tank; the other drains low points. mine still has caps on them. some have installed valves there.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #4

As stated above, to completely drain the fresh water system, you need to open the Low Point Drains. These will be 2 Pex lines, possibly Blue and Red, hanging down from your trailer. They should be capped from the factory.

First, open all the faucets (And place something heavy on the foot pedal to your toilet...) in your trailer, and, the pressure relief valve on your hot water tank. (Don't forget the outside shower, if you have one...) Then go outside and remove the two caps from the Pex lines (See attached photo). After all the water drains out, you can, if you have one, screw a "blow out" plug in your city water connection, and blow any remaining air out with compressed air. (Use a reduced pressure on your air compressor...I recommend not more than 50 PSI, with everything still open!)

Hope this helps!

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6649.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	7487  
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Anacortesians

It may not translate from my Class A to your rig, but in the bedroom of our Georgetown there's a double cupboard below the wardobe cabinet, the doors of which wouldn't open. I was trying to track a TV cable problem, and the coax went into this cabinet area.

On closer inspection, I found the the cupbard doors were held closed by a woodscrew through each frame. I took the screws out and opened the cabinet. The inverter, the TV cable and phone jack wiring was in one half of the cabinet and the fresh water tank in the other half. There was a hand valve in a line coming out of the bottom of the tank and when I opened it - the tank drained.

Prior to this discovery, I'd been running the water pump and draining the water through the sink into the grey tank. Now I know where the valve is, and those cupboard doors now have regular catches.