Old 04-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #41
I just had a visual of cousin Eddie in his bath robe sewer pipe in hand stating his "$?!@@$!" was full!

Stan 26DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #42
Disney camper
The movie RV ...

camper67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:36 PM   #43
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
I guess I am just clueless but I don't get it....
You pay a LOT of money for a RV that has a full bathroom and then you happily go to the camp showers and bathrooms all the time?

Not being mean, but why did you buy a RV? ::
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:53 AM   #44
For us, the main reason for using the CG showers is to have a real shower and shampoo with warm water and a good rinse versus the Navy style. Saves on propane and dumping. As to the toilet facilities that is a decision based on how far away we are parked and how clean the place is. Most of the time we can go at least 4-6 days without having to dump the black and as long or longer for the grey. We have a separate galley tank that we've never filled completely. It's just the two of us and we're getting to an age when FHU is a primary draw. If we're only going to be there for a night or two we may do without sewer. Anything longer than that and we want sewer or pump-out service. There's no way we're dealing with a holding tank on wheels. We stopped roughing it when we bought the V-Lite.
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:29 AM   #45
I used to take the kids tent camping. We used the CG facilities to shower and such. I used a basin to wash dishes and I just emptied it in the woods. There was no other way to get rid of it. I am not saying I would empty a full grey tank in the woods because that is a lot of water. But in some places they have not had a lot of rain. Wouldn't watering with grey water be better then the danger of a fire? I wonder if any state or federal campgrounds have a system to recycle grey water back to the forest? Seems a shame to waste the water when many parks are so dry.
As far as using the CG facilities, it just makes sense to leave the moisture the shower creates somewhere else, saves water and the shower stays clean. Same with the toilet.
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #46
Site Team - Lou
If you do any no sewer camping you are going to need a "blue boy" type tote sooner rather than later. Lots of advice about size.

My thought process is like this:

When I do "chores" I want to do it quickly and as cleanly as possible. GRAY water SMELLS almost as bad as black water. You are STILL going to want to dump black tank first (went it is near full) so you need to plan on washing out the dump hose connectors with gray water and will need room in the tote for the hose flush water.

I have 40 gallon tanks so I bought a tote large enough to take a near full black tank and a few gallons of hose flush water.

The ABSOLUTE LAST thing you need is a full tote and hose with black water still in the plumbing! Trust me on this ...

I mounted mine above the rear bumper. I know it is not the best solution, but the mounting frame and plastic tote only weighs a few pounds and if mounted securely applies almost no "leveraged" stress on the welds.

I also replaced the stock wheels (hard plastic) with pneumatic rears and rubber fronts as they area LOT quieter when towing/pulling to the dump station. The side discharge means I do not have to lift a full tank (HEAVY) at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307a.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	49733   Click image for larger version

Name:	user28947_pic5249_1348863935.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	49734   Click image for larger version

Name:	user28947_pic5248_1348863721.jpg
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	49735   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0519.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	49736   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0520.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	49737  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0521.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	49738  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #47
Hi Mike one thing I do to fill fresh water tanks with those 5 to 8 gal water jugs. I bring along a drill pump (about 20 bucks) and my cordless drill. Sit the jug beside the inlet and let the drill & pump do the work. Enjoy
Essex County
Southern most area in Canada
2015 F150 XLT Sport 5 ltr V8
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 AM   #48
Well, I really didn't think this would turn into such a debate. For all of you opting for the blue totes, yes I plan to get one of those. Just not right now. We have the maiden voyage this weekend. I think we are camping for 3 nights so I think that will be a good test to see how fast everything fills up. I'm not concerned about the black tank for this amount of time. I am thinking the grey tank will fill up almost daily so for now I bought the drain adapter to empty into 4- 5gal buckets with lids.

I definitely do not want to dump 30 gals of grey water into the ground. We used to dump grey out of a 6 gal can from the pop up onto the fire at the end of the day but that was so we were not wasting fresh water.
2012 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short bed 5.3L v8
2014 Prime Time Manufacturing Avenger ATI 27BBS
mlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #49
Disney camper
Have a good trip... Enjoy
camper67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #50
Do u know if there is a porta potty service in that area? Last year while we were camping in fort spokane wa we noticed the truck from the porta potty service hooking up to several different TT pumping out the grey and black tanks. Not sure if that's a option in your area.

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote

grey water, water