Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #21

Our fresh water fill is high in the inside of a "covienience" docking station, making it difficult to fill using a funnel.
so...
One of the first mods that I plan to do when our unit arrives is to add a second Winterizeing type valve on the high(er) presure side of the demand pump to direct the flow of water back into the tank.

Once that is done, whenever I need to tranfer water, I will run a hose between the winterizing inlet port and what ever I use to carry water in (probably 6 gal water jugs). With a couple of valve turns, the water should flow nicely from the jugs into the fresh water tank using the onboard demand pump. At least according to theory.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #22

Since my water fill connection is below my water tank I am unable to use the "gravity fill" method. To solve the issue, I bought a portable transfer water pump (115v). I start my generator and run the pump to get water from my two 6 gallon water jugs. I found this method to be much faster than using a 12v rv pump (and I don't use battery power). If I time it right, I do this when we are already using the generator (for the microwave or for my coffee--not too early in the morning).
MikeInColo is offline   Reply With Quote