Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

How to dewinterize the WH?

hi all....i am new to this whole thing.. and am going up to open my Camper This weekend. can some post a picture of " the water heater bypass valves and the anode/drain. Ihad the campsite winterize, but i am going to De-winterize. i am hoping they turned these values to Bypass.. thanks.. I own the 2010 Salem FLBK 38 Ft
chfan558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfan558 View Post
hi all....i am new to this whole thing.. and am going up to open my Camper This weekend. can some post a picture of " the water heater bypass valves and the anode/drain. Ihad the campsite winterize, but i am going to De-winterize. i am hoping they turned these values to Bypass.. thanks.. I own the 2010 Salem FLBK 38 Ft
Do you not have a park model?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #3

I am sorry I am not sure what that means Do i have a Park Model. I tried to do my homework on this camper, but the documentation available is really not that good. nothing that i read on it called it a park model.. so my apologies on not have that information. what makes it a park model ?
It took me a while to figure out how to reply to this post.. and thanks by the way for responding so Quick.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:32 PM   #4

I guess my main question here is..How do i know, if the previous owner has the Hot water heater bypassed or not ? any help would be very appreciated.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #5
Always Learning

Dewinterized. The hot and cold water valves are open and the bypass valve is closed:

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #6
Always Learning

For reference, he's the opposite with it winterized. You can see the hot and cold valves are closed and the bypass is open:

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #7

Excellent ependydad you have more then made up for the bad comment on my documentation question..(Which i kind of already knew i was on my own there.. )

thank you so much.. i saw these valves under or in the sink compartment in the kitchen..so i think i am now in good shape to get back in operation...

thanks again
Old 05-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #8

IF there is anti freeze in the water lines but NOT in the tank flush the lines out BEFORE you reset the water heater to summer use.

No point in filling the tank with A/F that you will have to flush out.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #9

Thanks Idaho... I have read it is not good for the AF to be put in the WH. is this correct ? does it matter if it was ? I would think if it was, all valves will be normal, and i just connect the water and flush...
Old 05-01-2015, 03:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfan558 View Post
Thanks Idaho... I have read it is not good for the AF to be put in the WH. is this correct ? does it matter if it was ? I would think if it was, all valves will be normal, and i just connect the water and flush...
Leave the vales as they are, flush the lines.
Pull the anode and check that there is no A/F in the tank, if there is switch the valves for normal use and the flush the tank.
Fill, flush, fill, flush..
A/F tastes nasty.......