Old 07-01-2015, 05:02 PM   #21

I've faced the same problem with my 2011 Georgetown 327DS when staying at a national park that prohibited filling a water tank from the local hydrant. After a bit of thinking, I came up with a solution that required no additional equipment or supplies and doesn't require me to hold jugs of water up in the air.

I attach a (fresh water) hose to the bathroom sink using a faucet to hose adapter. The water pump is shut off and the cold faucet is opened up. The other end of the hose goes to the fresh water fill port of the RV's water system. A jug of water is brought over to the plumbing compartment where the winterizing hose is inserted into it. The valves are reset to winterize and I turn on the water pump. The pump extracts water from the jug and pushes it out the bathroom faucet then into the water tank.

The only caveats with this technique are that you need to make sure that there's no antifreeze in the winterizing portion of the plumbing system and you want to shut off the water pump just before the jug runs dry.

Phil

Old 07-12-2015, 01:19 AM   #22

awellis3 has proffered a good solution that is currently working for is. I am currently camped at a no hook-ups forest service campground and have run out of onboard water. My solution has been to run a hose from the popular 6 gallon blue container to my antifreeze inlet, then switch the valve from onboard water tank to "antifreeze" intake. My hot water tank is full; my water pump maintains pressure and operates ˝ormally; just keep a supply of water handy.
If you can't conceptualize this set-up, don't attempt it.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #23

Well, I got creative , bought a Shurflo evolution pump (same as whats in the trailer) and made my own fresh water fill "kit". Used a small Rubbermaid "Roughneck" tote, mounted the pump to a hard black plastic plate (maybe use a piece of old truck mudflap?) and set the plate down into the bottom of tote. I cut the plate so that its a snug fit in the bottom so the pump doesnt move around. I installed a shurflo in-line screen filter. I had an extra 12 foot fresh water hose as a doner hose, cut one 8 foot length off it and added a garden hose repair kit (brass) to the other end. This is my outlet hose to the trailer fill, so I used the remaining hose for my inlet hose. Had to heat the small white pieces of hose (inside the kit) with a heat gun before installing and clamping on the inlet and outlet sides of the pump (no leaks). I have since added quick connects on the brass inlet and outlets so its a really fast set up. To power it, I used 2 sets of 2 pin "battery tender" plugs, with an in line fuse and 12 feet of lamp cord, attached it directly to the battery terminals of the trailer battery. This way, you can leave the one side permanently attached to the battery, just hangs out of the battery box.You can buy these at motorcycle shops for around $5.00 each and you will need 2 of them, (typically used to connect to a bike battery, then plug in for heated jackets, charging etc).

http://images.motorcycle-superstore....Harness_--.jpg

Used a small black plastic "hobby box" (about $4.00), with a 12 volt toggle switch and a screw on waterproof "condom" on the switch. Sealed the hobby box with silicone, so its waterproof. The notch out of the blue bin lip is to allow the 12 foot wiring harness to be put back into the bin for storage with the lid on.

I wanted to post some pics but they are too big so I am sharing a link on drop box.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0hk6kxuo5...FiFDmfFXa?dl=0

Click on this link, then will take a few seconds to load. There are 9 pics...
**Might have to try to click on the link a couple of times to get pics to load... I just tried and the pics didnt come up till the 4th time I tried.**

I get enough pressure out of this, that I could screw on a garden nozzle, flip the switch and wash the trailer or my truck with it! The evolution pump will cycle on and off with the nozzle trigger. I leave the one end attached to the trailer while on the site, then just click on the inlet hose when I need to fill the tank.
Will pump a 6 gallon jug in about 2-3 minutes ( would be faster but due to the size of the freshwater inlet fill, it limits the pump).
Really happy with the results!!
Old 08-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #24
Vibe 268RKS

I read your post and laughed, as it was nearly identical to our experience last week. We bought a short hose, cut it down to about 18 inches, and my wife held the funnel while I poured from my new Wal-Mart 6 gallon jug--we both got wet!!! Thanks to the responses, I think that I will be heading to Tractor Supply for a small water pump.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:33 AM   #25

I have to admit, now that I have been using the water pump "kit", I love it, it works great, and I dont get wet!!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:38 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwood320 View Post
I read your post and laughed, as it was nearly identical to our experience last week. We bought a short hose, cut it down to about 18 inches, and my wife held the funnel while I poured from my new Wal-Mart 6 gallon jug--we both got wet!!! Thanks to the responses, I think that I will be heading to Tractor Supply for a small water pump.
Have a look at the kit I made up, inside of a Rubbermaid tote. Totally self contained, works great. I leave mine hooked up to the trailer on camping trips, just slide it under the trailer when not in use. Consider buying the shurflo revolution pump. Its self priming, safe to run dry... its identical to the factory pump in your trailer. WELL worth the little extra $$ to be self priming...

Tags
fresh water, tank, vibe, water, water tank