Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
iv e used a long pair and come in from the right side of the hw heater switch behind tube with great success .
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyJunk View Post
And I replace my anode rod every year as well. Keeps your water system from getting fouled. I think those take a 1 1/16 socket.
That is the size ny Suburan WH anode rod takes.
__________________

__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGus View Post
... I've been wanting to ask. How do you get the pin back into the switch? The switch is behind everything and I cannot get an open shot at the tiny pin hole. How do you get this accomplished? My unit is a Suburban. Thanks.
The pin can be inserted - just takes a little twisting, turning and holding your mouth just right

If you can't get the pin in, I suggest getting a lenght of wire and bending it so you can get behind the lines and into the hole. This will serve the same purpose as the pin - just a reminder that you need to check for water in the WH before flipping the switch on.
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #14
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I am with you Gus,once you get that little (igogho8w) pin out I never want to put it back in! Youroo!!
And if you don't insert the pin you might be having the same experience as smallstonefan and several others have had.
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
The pin can be inserted - just takes a little twisting, turning and holding your mouth just right

If you can't get the pin in, I suggest getting a lenght of wire and bending it so you can get behind the lines and into the hole. This will serve the same purpose as the pin - just a reminder that you need to check for water in the WH before flipping the switch on.

which way you hold your mouth then ?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bracey Va, At Lake Gaston
Posts: 178
I leave the pin out of mine and I installed a switch inside with a red light. I turn the wh on and the light is red off and no light. Is an easy mod the water heater plugs into a receptical and you switch the receptical.
__________________
Bill And Theresa Perry, At Lake Gaston
2004 R Vision Trail Lite
2003 F 150 Super crew with 5.4 Tow package
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #17
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
which way you hold your mouth then ?
Well that depends on where you are located and what time it is!
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
And if you don't insert the pin you might be having the same experience as smallstonefan and several others have had.
Thank you very much for the advice,I will go buy a clip and put it in right away. Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #19
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill and theresa View Post
I leave the pin out of mine and I installed a switch inside with a red light. I turn the wh on and the light is red off and no light. Is an easy mod the water heater plugs into a receptical and you switch the receptical.
This would as a good secondary warning IMHO. However, I still like the pin method - a simple mechianial method - if the pin is in then you are reminded that something needs to be done/checked before proceeding.
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
smallstonefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Papllion, Nebraska
Posts: 8
Thank you everyone for the info! I will find the wattage I need and get this done.

MUCH appreciated!
__________________

__________________
smallstonefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.