Old 02-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

Ice maker not working

Just took delivery of our 2018 Columbus 366RLC two weeks ago. Have not been able to get the ice maker to work in our LG residential frig. Water is not getting to the ice maker. Checked that the water valve in the back is open and tried to trace the supply line. Found one inline valve just before the line goes through the frame. Confirmed that that valve is open. There is a drain valve coming out of the belly pan that I believe goes to that supply line. That is dry. I hesitate to open up the belly pan to investigate further. Any suggestions where to look from here?

Forgot to mention that I tried blowing air back thru the drain valve to see if there was an obstruction in the line.

10Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #2

Do you have your potable water pump on or are you connected to city water with that turned on?

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #3

City water but tried pump as well. Doesn't work either way.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ranger View Post
Just took delivery of our 2018 Columbus 366RLC two weeks ago. Have not been able to get the ice maker to work in our LG residential frig. Water is not getting to the ice maker. Checked that the water valve in the back is open and tried to trace the supply line. Found one inline valve just before the line goes through the frame. Confirmed that that valve is open. There is a drain valve coming out of the belly pan that I believe goes to that supply line. That is dry. I hesitate to open up the belly pan to investigate further. Any suggestions where to look from here?

Forgot to mention that I tried blowing air back thru the drain valve to see if there was an obstruction in the line.
You stated that the valve in the back is open. Did you verify if there was water there? Does the ice maker have an on/off switch on it?? I drive a motorcycle with a kill switch. I know these things My home freezer the on/off switch is behind the ice tray. Must remove the ice try to access it.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:21 PM   #5

There was a little water that drained at first but nothing now. There is an on off switch and it is on.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #6

Just an idea. Is the little arm that tells it if the tray is empty in the up or vacation position?
Old 02-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #7

You need to find the supply hook up. Look inside your nearest cabinet that has water and see if there is a small 1/4 line there.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:59 AM   #8

TLAK, thanks for the suggestion. We did check the arm position and it is in the proper position.

cavie, That is the problem, I can't find the origin of the supply line. I'll have to investigate further.

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:14 PM   #9

We had same problem when we got our new in 2016. I called forest River 5 times to find out what might be the problem. I was told (correctly) that there was a shut off valve that wasn't open all 5 times. The trouble is I was given 5 different answers where that valve was located (all of which was incorrect). I ended up tearing the paneling off and tracing the line.I found it no where near any of the places I was told it would be. They had provided an access door to get to the valve, but had glued it in place. Which meant to tear that apart also. Another example of Forest River quality in production I guess, lol
sam2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #10

I have a 2017 F/R Sierra with an LG residential fridge. When I first used it I could not get the ice maker to make ice. After hours of research, I discovered that there is an additional valve behind the drawer with the blue circle around it in the attached picture. I have to remove the drawer to operate the valve. The valve is a pull on push off type valve that is white on color. Mine is obvious because it has ice maker water line coming out of it. Once I got the valve turned on, I also figured out that there is a VERY VERY SMALL button on the bottom side of my ice maker that cycles the icemaker. You have to hold the button down the entire time when cycling the ice maker. This works great for getting air out of the line to allow water to enter the ice maker as well as purging the water in the winter to keep from freezing. Maybe you can look around behind the drawers near the fridge. Hopefully this helps!Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180210-133434.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	162103

Towe443 is offline   Reply With Quote