Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2016, 06:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
kc8lvy is right, the larger volume of water is necessary to move solids down the pipe, .... the regular rv toilet doesn't have enough water with each flush to accomplish that, because it doesn't need to, it's only going to drop the contents into the tank below,..... sure sounds like you're putting a lot of work and cost on yourself that is certainly avoidable

kc8lvy's photos show the most common way that I've seen used on a permanent setup trailer,..... plus, its still a trailer, if your plans ever change, you're selling a regular trailer not a modified unit that would only be useful to a much smaller group of buyers,..... that's just my 2cents worth, best of luck on whatever you decide to do...........
X2. Can't imagine permanently limiting marketability for that day when I no longer want the trailer
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
Some one needs to tell my septic tank that !
It is now 30 years old, and never has been pumped

jack L

You may have just Jinxed yourself . now it will back up .lol some say septic tank never need pumped that is until they have a back up , eventually solids build up that can not be digested by the system . not a matter of if but when .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
You may have just Jinxed yourself . now it will back up .lol some say septic tank never need pumped that is until they have a back up , eventually solids build up that can not be digested by the system . not a matter of if but when .
Right on northstar,,, sounds like a very expensive disaster about to happen !!! Very possible the tank is unpumpable @ this point ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I am very surprised that waste could make it thru that P trap ???
I did go extreme on the trap I should of used 45's instead of 90's but it works good and does not clog. I always let my black tank fill between 3/4 to full before I dump then always flush it good then I let my grey waters fill up a couple of days before I dump and that washes out the trap and pipe.
We used to get some sewer flies but since I put in the trap no more flies and no more sewer smell.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote