Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #21

That shuts off the water from the fresh water tank to the camper. Should be in the off position if you have it and using this scenario other wise you would be pulling from the fresh tank and the water jug at the same time. So to clarify an earlier statement. You do not have to bypass the water heater but would want to shut off the feed from the water tank to the pump so it only pulls from the anti-freeze (in this case water jug) connection.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerkathy View Post
Question: can I use that hose to fill my fresh water tanks from water jugs? Or will it only work in winterizing bypass mode?
You can not fill the fw tank from a jug using that hose. I do use that hose for fresh water by inserting it into a 5 or 6 gallon jug of water and use the pump. Make sure you switch the 3 way valve. Use it as if you were inserting antifreeze. Good for emergency water.

Why would you want to fill the fw tank using jugs?

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #23

Say you are camping for a week at a state park that does not have water hookup. Very easy way of filling fresh water tank using 6 gallon jugs. As you can see from my pictures that is how I fill my fresh water tank all the time when I run out. Might take a few trips back to the water source with your hugs but better than having to move your unit.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
Old 04-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinostop View Post
Say you are camping for a week at a state park that does not have water hookup. Very easy way of filling fresh water tank using 6 gallon jugs. As you can see from my pictures that is how I fill my fresh water tank all the time when I run out. Might take a few trips back to the water source with your hugs but better than having to move your unit.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
I guess it depends on how much water you use. I have two 6 gallon jugs and use the water right from the jugs.

In these cases I fill the fw tank on the way in, it is a 42 gallon tank.

Jim
Old 04-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #25

Thanks!! I will experiment around and give it a try this weekend. My set up is slightly different than yours Dinostop so I will see what happens and get back with you'al.
rogerkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Thanks!! I will experiment around and give it a try this weekend. My set up is slightly different than yours Dinostop so I will see what happens and get back with you'al.
I thought my jugs were 6 gallon but it looks like they are 5 gallon jugs. Here are what I use.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-200001...ords=water+jug

Being collapsible they weigh next to nothing and take up very little space.

Jim
Old 04-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
I guess it depends on how much water you use. I have two 6 gallon jugs and use the water right from the jugs.

In these cases I fill the fw tank on the way in, it is a 42 gallon tank.

Jim

Using water directly from the 6 gal jugs won't get it to the faucets or shower, nor to the water heater, so you would only have cold drinking, cooking and washing water. Well, you can hear it on the stove. There's a big advantage to getting it into the FW tank.

Sometimes people do run out of water, even after filling the FW tank on the way in. Depends on how long you stay and how much water you use per day, which also depends on how many people are using the water in the unit and how much each uses.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 04-24-2016, 03:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Yep. That's it!!! I would like help, though, on how to post a picture from my phone. I searched the forum but what I found was either unclear or it didn't work.

Once you install the FR app(!), see the two icons on the lower left. One is to take a picture, the next one is to pull a picture you already took from your camera roll.

If you have a photo somewhere else, say in DropBox or Flickr, select it and save to your camera roll first, then follow the above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1461528988.964603.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	105943

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 04-24-2016, 04:51 PM   #29

This is the set up I figured out. Unscrewed the hand sprayer and replaced it with a 15 inch hose that I can stick into the FW inlet. My winterizing hose goes into the water jug. Close the bypass valves, turn on the shower and bingo. Water goes from the jug into FW tank.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1461534658.859946.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	105949Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1461534682.043299.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	105950
Old 04-24-2016, 04:53 PM   #30

Same idea! Much easier than lifting and holding the jugs up.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
Old 04-24-2016, 04:58 PM   #31

Thanks for all the help. Not only did I learn how to put photos in but how to "upload" water! This is a great forum!
Old 04-24-2016, 10:58 PM   #32

Quote:
This is the set up I figured out. Unscrewed the hand sprayer and replaced it with a 15 inch hose that I can stick into the FW inlet. My winterizing hose goes into the water jug. Close the bypass valves, turn on the shower and bingo. Water goes from the jug into FW tank.Attachment 105949Attachment 105950
Just to clarify for anyone reading this in the future, the water pump must be turned on for this to work. As soon as you turn on the outside shower (or sprayer), the water will start pumping into the FW tank.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:58 AM   #33

Yep! I wrote which direction to turn the water handles so I would remember.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:09 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Using water directly from the 6 gal jugs won't get it to the faucets or shower, nor to the water heater, so you would only have cold drinking, cooking and washing water. Well, you can hear it on the stove. There's a big advantage to getting it into the FW tank.

Sometimes people do run out of water, even after filling the FW tank on the way in. Depends on how long you stay and how much water you use per day, which also depends on how many people are using the water in the unit and how much each uses.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
You are wrong. You switch the 3 way valve to draw water from the jug using the pump. The pump will then circulate the water threw out the trailer just as it would as if you were adding antifreeze to the trailer. Only difference is instead of sucking antifreeze you are sucking fresh water.

Some buy a cheap 12 volt water pump and pump water into the fw tank. They use a clean 32 gallon trash can and carry it in the back of their truck. Pump the water from it to the tank.

I under stand some need more water than their trailer will hold in a week. The jugs work fine for me and my dog, we don't use that much water. For someone not needing much the jugs work fine. Also works great for emergencies between CG or an overnight stop at a rest area.

Jim

Tags
winter, winterize