Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2018, 07:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMarinesDad View Post
We have an Allegro Bus and a FR3. We have experienced this issue with both rides.

After a lot of research, we found that, as said above, that City Water pressure is often very high.

We purchased adjustable pressure regulators. Keep at no more than 45PSI (Factory preset). Adjustable to 160PSI...Oh my!

Available from Amazon for less than $30.

Hope this helps.

Attachment 161192

We have the same unit and will highly recommend it. BTW hook it up at the faucet that way your hoses are also protected.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:48 AM   #22

We also purchased this blow out plug which attaches to the fresh water line and allows us to blow out almost all the water in the trailer before winterizing.

One thing it also does is allow me to set the regulator on the compressor to 50 psi and I can pressure test the trailer before we go on a trip to check for leaks.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36143-B...o+air+blow+out
Old 01-30-2018, 07:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
We also purchased this blow out plug which attaches to the fresh water line and allows us to blow out almost all the water in the trailer before winterizing.

One thing it also does is allow me to set the regulator on the compressor to 50 psi and I can pressure test the trailer before we go on a trip to check for leaks.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36143-B...o+air+blow+out
Just about to suggest that too. If it were me I'd like to know if there's a loose fitting or something that should be fixed. BTW, a good habit to get into is turning the water spigot off when leaving the campsite for any amount of time.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #24

Chrisc40, I completely agree. My wife thinks I'm crazy but whenever we leave the trailer, even if we are still in the park, I try to always shut off the water. Learned that from seeing a waterfall coming out the door of a trailer once in a campground. Something broke on the sink while they were away, and it filled up the trailer and flowed out the door. A neighbor shut the water off for them and then it was just waiting til they returned to let them know what happened. Ever since then, I try, cant guarentee I will always remember, but try to always shut it off. Usually I remember to shut it off, its remembering to turn it back on that is the problem.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:07 AM   #25

Semperfi24, same for me I forget to turn it on. Another thing I always do is to use Lysol wipes on the tap and anything around it. I've seen people too lazy to use their outdoor shower to clean the sewage hose. So they bring the end of the sewage hose right up to the drinking water tap. But more often I see them disconnect the sewage hose then, without washing hands or removing gloves, they disconnect their drinking water hose.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessa82 View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion for how to use an adjustable pressure regulator when temperatures are below freezing?

I have heat strip on my hose and the campground has heat tape from the spigot into the ground.

I'm in the Seattle area so it's not a deep winter but during a week of sub-freezing temps the regulator froze. Any suggestions for this? The campground workers told me to take the regulator out and they have a sign stating to do this during winter but the pressure feels very high now.
Remove the water hose when it freezes and fill the tank is the best way.

I have heat tape and I wrap mine along with some insulation and have not had issues but I have only really tested it once below freezing and it was only 28.

Best of luck!

For OP, when selling a house the buyer wanted higher pressure. I warned them plumbing could be an issue in writing and suggested they do it. They demanded a change. I turned up the pressure at the set screw and when no one was there after close a pipe leaked. The new owners had to fix it since I provided written warning of the issue prior to turning it up. Luckily it was not a burst pipe and only a leaky pex connection but with 2 days undetected it made a mess. The pressure change was all it took and when turned back down the leak stopped but I would still pressure test than roll the dice.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
We were out camping last week and on Saturday night (the 4th night of our trip) 2 streams of water started trickling from the bottom of the 5ver. I immediately turned off the shore water and waited until the water stopped trickling and turned on the electric pump and used the onboard water tank. It came up to pressure and shut off, no leaks so, we just used that the rest of our trip. The campground had a notice saying that the pressure exceeded 60 psi but, I didn't think to put a regulator inline. Today I went out and removed the panel hooked it up to our house supply (a well) and checked for leaks it is not leaking. It has been hooked up for about an hour and no leaks. Is it possible that the Campground water pressure spiked causing the leak but now at the lower pressure it is ok?

Just remembered something. We were camping with a large group of friends (about 15 RVs) and two other people told me they had leaks but not as bad as mine.

Thanks in Advance

Rick
I would say yes, it is possible. The pressure may have been high enough to pass a hose clamp or fitting without bursting a line.. I had this happen to me once on the blue turtle waste tank the first time I flushed it and forgot to open the vent! Fortunately, I noticed it leaking around the fittings before it burst..[emoji15]

Kennesaw, Georgia
Toolman_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:59 PM   #28

I have pressure gauge fitting with garden fitting, in/out I put on the camp supply faucet and pressure regulator/gauge at the trailer. As mentioned in owners manual black tank sprayer tubing might part at pressures above 40 psi also. Most RVs have house/commercial grade PLEX lines, but the fittings/connections are low pressure inexpensive - cheep. Lot of faucets are all plastic and can't handle pressure over 40 psi, they're good as long they aren't over pressurized too often.