Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #1

Isata 3 Water filter questions

We're preparing our new Isata 3 for its first outing. Purged it yesterday of antifreeze. But I remember seeing some pink color in the see-through canister of the water filter and wondered if it might be a good idea to replace the filter itself.

Small problem--no identifying information on the canister itself, nothing in the papers from the dealership, nothing on the jump drive from Dynamax/Forest River.

Does anybody know anything about the filter, whether it should have been bypassed somehow during winterization (the canister is mounted up high the bathroom counter and we can neither see nor feel any shutoff), or where/how to get a replacement filter?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water filter Isata 3.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	131213  
VeniVidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #2

Yep - you want to get the antifreeze out of the filter line and replace the filter itself. I just got a new Sunseeker and it had the new filter and canister wrench in a drawer so as to drain the canister and replace the filter. I am going t assume that you have a WaterPur type filter in your unit, same as mine. The replacement carterdge I have is a Model CCI-10-Ca. Hope this helps. BTW, I would have thought the canister would have purged antifreeze when you flushed the lines??
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:54 PM   #3

I appreciate the input, especially since there are no identifying marks on the canister. I didn't think to check whether there was anything indicating brand on the canister wrench.

Yes, the antifreeze was flushed out of the canister. I have a vague memory of reading somewhere that the canister and filter should have been by-passed when the dealership winterized our Isata. If there's a bypass, it's not visible, nor is there anything readily apparently in the line to the canister. I'd rather not use a filter which had been saturated with antifreeze even if the antifreeze has been purged.

We may not have time before heading out to get a replacement filter--if we can't I think we will just use a Camco water filter on the city water hose. It's easy to access, affordable, and there are no issues with winterization or bypass. My handyman husband says he can rig up a way to remove the canister from our water supply altogether if need be.
VeniVidi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water filter