Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #1

Kitchen faucet cold water doesnt work

I have a 2010 Forest River Georgetown Class A MH. I had sediment in the screens to the toilet, bathroom sink and kitchen faucets that clogged/slowed down the water flow. I cleaned the gunk out of all the screens to everything, but on the kitchen faucet I cannot get cold water to flow. Hot water works fine. After cleaning the screen (where the water comes out) and still no cold water, I took the "spray head" part off and cleaned out the little bits of sediments that was there where the waterline screws into the faucet head. Out of curiosity I left the spray faucet head off and turned on the water to see if there was even water flow coming through the water line to the faucet head. When I turned the handle to hot - water came out just fine. When I turned the handle to cold - nothing came out not even a trickle. Is there another screen hidden somewhere that may be gunked up or could there be something wrong with the faucent handle itself? I need to point out that I did have a good build up of sediment since I have been using well water. It is only the kitchen cold water where I dont get water flow. Thank you.
dow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #2

I don't have an answer for you but I see this is your first post so I just want to say Welcome to the forum from mid California.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #3

No one else jumping in here very unusual. I would suggest removing the fauset assembly hose and see if the orifice into the fauset is plugged and if not there work your way down the hose back to the tee from the pump that goes to theis fauset, since you have water everywhere else it has to be blockage in the cold water line or the fauset valve itself is bad. I should have stated this sooner (sorry) but I thought another Georgetown owner might do it with perhaps some unusual experience they have had.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dow12 View Post
When I turned the handle to cold - nothing came out not even a trickle. Is there another screen hidden somewhere that may be gunked up or could there be something wrong with the faucent handle itself? I need to point out that I did have a good build up of sediment since I have been using well water. It is only the kitchen cold water where I dont get water flow. Thank you.
It's possible your faucet itself is clogged on the cold side.
My advice is take the cold supply line loose under the cabinet and
point it at a bucket. Have a helper briefly turn on water pump or city
water supply. If you have water flow under the cabinet you have a clogged
faucet.

Also you say you have sediment in other places... you DO have a water
filter in place right???

How old is your unit? When did you flush the junk out of the water heater
last?
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

This is one of the big disadvantages of draining the hot water tank through the low point drains instead of the anode drain. All that crud from the bottom of the heater gets into the cold water pipes. The bottom inlet is cold water. When you then pressurize the system with antifreeze it blows all that crud into the faucets and toilet.

Obviously prevention is easier than the cure.

As heavily contaminated as your camper is, I would suggest a dilute solution of CLR be used to soak your toilet valve, faucet aerators, and the handles from the showers. That should clear out the crud.

Flush out with fresh water for 30 minutes or so before using them.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet, water