Old 10-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #1

Kitchen Sink Detached From Counter

The second trip out with our new 2019 Rockwood 2509s trailer and the stainless steal sink detached from the underside of the countertop. For some resason, Forest River felt that adhesive alone (no support) would hold the kitchen sink to the underside of the countertop. Posted is a fairly easy fix. I recommend you do this or something to support the sink before it happens to you.

I attached some photos to help make sense of the repair. I used nine 1/2 inch conduit brackets, along with 1/2 inch #10 pan-head screws. I attached three on each side of the sink and two up front (had to remove one of the kitchen drawers) and one in the back (couldnít access the back too easily). I consider the fauset side the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1673EE05-440E-4F11-A88D-A13568F54DCA.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	190049   Click image for larger version

Name:	90784CB2-0463-445D-8F79-9ED5C81CDC1F.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	190050  

Alpineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #2
Head Rambler

You're the second person to have that happen in the last little while.

Seems like the factory either got the wrong or some bad adhesive, or possibly isn't applying it correctly for the intended purpose.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #3

That fix will not prevent the sink from popping out of the hole, it would only prevent the sink from falling inside the cabinet which would only be possible if the hole was cut too big. Just my observation.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #4

I think the sink is one that is under the counter lip. So what the OP did should hole the sink againstbthe underside and work. Only thing I would of done would of add a bead of adhesive to it. Which the OP may have done. There should of been some sort of brace under there. Have the same type in my home kitchen and when installed they added a wire that went under the sink and attached at each side to the underside of the counter top.
Gonefishing1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #5

Had the same thing happen on my undermount sink TWICE. FR fixed it at a rally the first time...and a year later it was down again and needed a lot of cabinet work to gain the necessary access. Final fix was to both glue and screw wood pieces around the perimeter of the flange. Simple work but the access made it impossible without taking a lot apart. Home Depot has normal household sink undermount fasteners
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpineguy View Post
The second trip out with our new 2019 Rockwood 2509s trailer and the stainless steal sink detached from the underside of the countertop. For some resason, Forest River felt that adhesive alone (no support) would hold the kitchen sink to the underside of the countertop. Posted is a fairly easy fix. I recommend you do this or something to support the sink before it happens to you.

I attached some photos to help make sense of the repair. I used nine 1/2 inch conduit brackets, along with 1/2 inch #10 pan-head screws. I attached three on each side of the sink and two up front (had to remove one of the kitchen drawers) and one in the back (couldnít access the back too easily). I consider the fauset side the back.
Thank you. My sink did the same thing. However when I tried to reinstall the same screws they piped through the counter top, so I used shorter screws but they came out also. If possible, please post a better picture of the conduit brackets, they don't look familiar.
bzac1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:50 PM   #7

Out of curiosity, what's that screw coming down in the right hand, upper corner of the pic?
Hard to see, but it looks like a sink hold-down. If it is, it shifted off the wood or was
never hitting the wood to start with.

My Viking Pup I had before this TT had the sink just "glued down". I, personally, don't
think that was wise engineering as those hold-down brackets can't cost too much and
it allows the Owner to "tighten" is as maintenance as opposed to trying to get more/new
adhesive to stick. Especially for those of us in the humid, hot climates.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #8

Item # 817785 Model # 55919
Sigma Electric ProConnex 100-Pack 3/8-in BX - MC - Flex Straps
3 Ratings
4.5 Average
100%
Recommend this
product
Community Q&A
View Now
Product Image 1
Product Image 2
Sigma Electric ProConnex 100-Pack 3/8-in BX - MC - Flex Straps

Check Lowes
Old 10-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing1 View Post
I think the sink is one that is under the counter lip. So what the OP did should hole the sink againstbthe underside and work. Only thing I would of done would of add a bead of adhesive to it. Which the OP may have done. There should of been some sort of brace under there. Have the same type in my home kitchen and when installed they added a wire that went under the sink and attached at each side to the underside of the counter top.
I've never seen a stainless steel under counter mount sink. I guess if that's what it is, then that's what it is.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #10

Yep they make the stainless under counter sink. Have seen them on most of the new models.

Tags
sink