Old 04-16-2016, 11:28 PM   #1

Lacrosse 336BHT new owner needs HELP!

I've been wanting to join an rv forum for some time now, and figure now is the correct time. I purchased a lacrosse 336bht last year and made 2 successful trips last year. I winterize the unit via filling antifreeze in the fresh water inlet and pumping through out. We have been getting ready for our first trip next month, and it's finally warm enough I felt comfortable starting to de-winterize. I drained the anti freeze, hooked up the water to the city water inlet with a regulator, and water immediately started to drain into the underbelly and even started flooding the area behind the toilet, and on the other side of the wall, coming up from under the wall, where it meets the floor. I peered through the frame where the drain valve handles are and it appears to be leaking from above one of the big tanks, but I am not familiar enough to determine what tank it is. With my first trip being in less than a month, and having purchased this unit not locally, I really feel overwhelmed and SOL at this point.

Burst city water line? Burst toilet supply line? I thought I winterized properly. Access to ANYTHING doesn't come easy on these units. Where do I start?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-16-2016, 11:37 PM   #2

A few details needed. You said Fresh Water inlet and you pumped it through your system. So that was the fresh water tank you put anti freeze in and used the built in pump. Did you drain the water heater tank first and then turn the bypass valves on your water heater?

Did you use the low point drains to drain all the water out of the system before pumping the anti freeze?

Old 04-16-2016, 11:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
A few details needed. You said Fresh Water inlet and you pumped it through your system. So that was the fresh water tank you put anti freeze in and used the built in pump. Did you drain the water heater tank first and then turn the bypass valves on your water heater?

I drained everything, holding tanks, and all low point drains, bypassed the water heater, poured rv antifreeze down this inlet via a funnel until it registered on the indicating lights:

Then opened the faucets and turned the built in pump on, ran everything till pink came out, including the toilet.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:49 PM   #4

I should add, being new to ALL of this, I don't doubt I did something incorrectly, I just hope for a by on this one and that it's a simple fix.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:54 PM   #5

Sounds like you did it right. The city water connection may have held some water. Did you do the inside shower? Do you have an outside shower? Do you have a built in water filter? Do you have an icemaker? Sorry so many questions but if we discover something that was missed that will lead us to a fix.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:07 AM   #6

Yes to the inside shower, I didn't pay any mind to the outside shower, I believe you are talking about the "faucet" below the inlets in the picture correct? I do not remember hitting that. Built in water filter, I'm not sure, I haven't seen one. No ice maker. The point of the leak is odd to me. It comes from above where the black water drain connects, but is has a grease pen marking on it from the factory either FH or FW. But the fact that it seeps where the wall meets the floor, makes me this it may be wise for me to try to gain access from up top through a wall, vs. trying to drop the underbelly.

I'm not sure of the plumbing, as it seems that ALL useful information is left out of the owner manuals, (I'm not a fan of the umbrella, generalized literature they give you), but I'm wondering it water stayed in the city water line, below my bathroom, and above the mystery tank, and froze. How do you winterize the city water supply line even?

Old 04-17-2016, 07:46 AM   #7

Sounds like the way you did it diluted the antifreeze, it should not be mixed with any water at all. There should be an open ended hose on your water pump to introduce the anti freeze into the system. The water system uses platic bends, they are the first to crack. The toilet has a plastic valve at the base in back that will crack also
Old 04-17-2016, 07:49 AM   #8

The best way to get water out of city supply line is with an air compressor .
Old 04-17-2016, 07:53 AM   #9

Any suggestions on gaining access to the source of my problem?

Old 04-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #10

Bobgod,Disconect the City water,Now use Low pressure Air to find All your Leaks, Locate and Repair your Leaks by Sound,unlike using WATER! Youroo!!

Tags
lacrosse