Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #1

Leak behind the top toilet when I flush

When I rinse during flushing I get a lot of water spill from this location. What could it be ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #2

Probably vacuum breaker. Model number would help.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #3

Old 04-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #4

From what I've been able to research Thai seems to be the culprit, there's a big handful of videos on YouTube about this.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #5
Retired Army MSG!

Had to take my unit back to dealer after first outing last Summer. Same issue. Easy fix fortunately. My unit was 2 months old so let the dealer worry about it.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyjj View Post
Had to take my unit back to dealer after first outing last Summer. Same issue. Easy fix fortunately. My unit was 2 months old so let the dealer worry about it.

Was it pouring out of the back when you flushed ??
Old 04-11-2016, 01:24 PM   #7

Leaks

I just decided to replace my 3 year old Dometic 300 with a 310 because every time I thought I had it fixed, another place would leak. First it was the Vacuum Breaker valve, which turned out to be fine, then it was the water valve. I got so disgusted I just ordered a new toilet that had better reviews. How important is the PSI of the incoming water? The first leaks were when we were using the onboard tank so I didn't think the PSI would be overwhelming, but now I am wondering if we should consider a pressure reducer. Please forgive my rambling, but after having that toilet in and out of the RV 3 times, I am at my wits end.
sueblizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #8
Retired Army MSG!

It wasn't a bad leak but enough that would eventually cause water damage. They replaced the flush valve and all is well.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #9
Gold Miner At Heart

I had the same thing on mine last October. Had to replace the water valve. If you call the Thetford company they will give you the correct item number to order but you need to have your model number on your toilet. To replace you have to pull the toilet to replace the valve due to not enough room to work in the confined space. Easy to fix but pulling the toilet is usually necessary. I got the item number and ordered mine from eBay but they will have the part when you call that you usually can just order over the phone. Valve kit usually comes with a new toilet rubber seal for the base.

Tags
leak