Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #1

Leak under the Kitchen sink

Looking for a little help here. We have a small intermittent leak under out Kitchen sink. We noticed it originally during the walk through when we picked up our new FR camper. We saw what appeared to be a few drops of water sitting on the wood shelf under the sink. The dealer was quick to react and said they would fix it before we left. And I do believe they tried to and for our first few trips with the camper no leak. Then it came back. I took the camper back to the dealer since it was less than a year old, left it there for the day and picked it up the following day and off we went to a week long trip, no leak. Now this last time out, it again is leaking. To be fair to the dealer, the leak is very intermittent making it hard to pin point. It is a cold water leak, and does not seem to happen when the faucets, or drains are in use for the kitchen sink. For now we keep an empty coffee can under it to prevent any damage to the wood shelf. And what makes it so hard to fix is that it will not leak for hours, then all of sudden you hear some drops of water going into the empty can, then they will stop, and not leak again for hours. I do use a water pressure regulater on the hose line to maintain constant safe pressure so I doubt it is a sudden increase in pressure. No other leaks elswhere, just under the kitchen sink. I have re-contacted the dealer, but it is almost 100 miles to bring the camper back to them and thats a lot of gas. Almost think we will not be able to get a handle on this unless it gets more consistent. Any ideas????

Old 09-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #2

Try this, lay out a sheet of newspaper or pig pad under the sink and install the drain plug add a few gallons of colored water and let it sit for awhile. Observe for weeping other than the drip area on the paper.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantho View Post
Try this, lay out a sheet of newspaper or pig pad under the sink and install the drain plug add a few gallons of colored water and let it sit for awhile. Observe for weeping other than the drip area on the paper.
Thanks I will try that, but it seems to drip when there is no water in the sink, and no faucets on. One time it did so in the middle of the night, just started dripping for a little while then stopped on it's own. That is what is making it so hard to find and correct, it is very intermittent. The leak appears to come where the blue hose plugs into the plastic plugs into a plastic fitting that I believe goes to the faucet. But does not actually leak when you are running water.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #4

Check the lowest area on the water hose for a pinhole leak as it seems the water collects to any slight bend and stops as all the water drains out, also add water to the system then diconnect the service line from you TT, towel dry all the lines. Open the sink faucet to allow the pressure to bleed off and check the affected area for leaks again.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
You might want to try replacing the faucet. It is possible that an O-Ring in the faucet is bad. This could allow water to leak from the underside of the faucet, through the faucet mounting holes, and out under the sink. Also, have you checked the caulking around the base of the faucet?

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #6

We had the same problem. I screwed around resealing the lines coming into the faucets and it would not leak for a while, then drip, drip, drip again. Replaced the faucet assembly with one from Home Depot and haven't had a leak since.
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #7

We had one under the sink in the galley, and looked up and the cabinets were out of alignment, had them remove the cabinets, microwave, reinstall the cabinets, then the leak under the sink went away, weird! Now we have a leak under the bathroom sink at the T, coldwater connect. It is going in to be serviced, I looked at every possible connection and it just seems to be leaking at the T, so they can take it apart and fix it, warranties are good that way, plus the dang thing is extremely hard to get too!