Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 05:49 PM   #1

Leaking toilet

I have a 2017 forest river vibe and I woke up this morning to a puddle at the bottom of my toilet. It looks like it is coming from the bottom also. I tightened the bolts on the side and it is still leaking. Could the seal underneath be ruined after only 1 year or is something else wrong?
Kinggino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #2

Could easily be the seal. The seals on ours were pretty flimsy.

Could it be a leak from the fill pipe? We had that happen too.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #3

No I checked that and it's not leaking
Kinggino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:43 AM   #4

I have a 2018 freedom express 24RKS and have been bad to dealer 3 times for leaking toilet. Freshwater leak at base. Leaks off and on and I cannot correlate to any specific activity. Never occurs while at dealer. Very frustrating!
davidwrightfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:22 AM   #5

I assume it is the toilet that's leaking and not the freshwater inlet or valve assembly.
We had a similar problem a few years ago, I disconnected the water and removed the complete toilet from the trailer to do the messy work outside. when you lift the toilet have someone slide a large garbage bag over the base to catch water still sitting under the bowl. Once outside, separate the bowl from the base, clean everything, replace or clean and lubricate the seal, bolt the two halves back together, place it on a new floor seal on top of the sewer pipe in the bathroom, tighten it to the floor, done.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak