Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #11
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
Mine was the 310. Porcelain bowl w/ plastic base. This was the one Ed replaced twice. Jury still out on the new one as we have not used it yet. Steve
I *think* mine's the same..

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
add mine to the dumper list

We were out this past week and an odor was present. it was our third voyage this season. Called the dealer and when I told them the model (dometic 300) they knew right away.

I removed the toilet this evening and could hear the sloshing within the toilets outer cavity. They are swapping me for a new one under warranty(easier than dragging rig to them)

I'm hoping this design issue has been rectumfied

gumrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
Well guys, here is my update on my new Thetford toilet. Spent 2 weeks in Gulf shores and had no problem with toilet odor the 1st 4/5 days. Then we began experiencing the rotten egg smell. Was told by dealer to keep both greys open when possible, which we had done. Black tank read 2/3 full so I dumped, flushed and put packet in. Everything was fine after that. 2 days after returning home I went into camper for something and the smell was horrible. A few days later went in to add water to all tanks thinking they may not have had enough water in them to fill the bottom of the tank...smell was gone but decided to add a little water to all 3 tanks and another pkt to the black since I was not 100% sure I had done that before leaving campground. Next day odor was back. Lets go backward a bit. Dealer has replaced toilet 2 times, last time changed from Dometic 310 to the Thetford Magic 5(I think). Then odor was coming from front wardrobe so they resealed the w/d hook-up vent. Same results. When they did the last replacement of toilet I had them glue the vent cap as I never plan on having a w/d. Still funky rotten egg smell throughout camper. Actually a slightly different odor in bathroom. Taking unit in for front A/C warranty work next Monday and will have them check it out again. Cant be too many things that could be checked. Any others out there with this problem.
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
Either you don't have any water in the p-traps (shower and sink), or you have a broken/disconnected tank vent pipe in the wall or floor.

Edit: Actually there is more likely solution than the two I gave. You may have a defective "cheater" (air admittance) valve. These are easily obtained at Home Depot.

BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote