Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #1

Leaky Dometic 310 Potty

Found a wet bathroom floor this weekend and it appears to be coming from area where bowl and base are connected. Toilet is a Dometic 310. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Manual says for this model, bowl and base should never be separated. Does this mean another 110 mile trip to dealer or is it maybe leaking from another area and running down base from the bowl/base seam? Thanks in advance for your replies. Steve

Old 10-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #2

I had the same problem with the same model last spring. There are four plastic clips that hold the two sections together and once they break or come loose water (fluid) seeps between them and out around the base. It is not a good toilet for an RV, and even though mine was still under warranty (two years) I replaced it with a thetford on the advice of a RV parts store. Not fun cleaning up the mess.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #3

Thanks. Mine is only 6 months old. Been having an odor since purchase and just noticed the leak. Perhaps initial leak was small enough to where it was drying before making it to the floor.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #4

Had the potty replaced in mid December under warranty. 2 trips later leaking again in the same place. What is the best replacement for the Dometic 310? Is the Thetford the same height and is it a one piece or a 2 piece as the Dometic 310? Thanks in advance. Steve A. Dagro
Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #5

I replaced mine with the Thetford Aqua Magic, there are different models to choose from regarding foot flush, hand flush and height. I did have to reroute the water inlet behind the toilet as the connections were in a different spot, used the slip-on connectors and took about 30 min total. The Thetford is a two piece but much better put together, have had no issues with it at all.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #6

I just had my maden voyage with my new Rockwood. When I was de-winterizing I notice the exact same problem as you mentioned above. I have the Dometic 300 or 310, I am not sure which.

Steve, Did you ever replace the Dometic with a Thetford?
Old 05-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah_utrup View Post
I just had my maden voyage with my new Rockwood. When I was de-winterizing I notice the exact same problem as you mentioned above. I have the Dometic 300 or 310, I am not sure which.

I'm not Steve, but since this thread is so old - you might want to PM him with your question.

However, I did have the exact same issue with my Dometic toilet on my first trip of this year's camping season. I called Dometic directly. They agreed to have it changed under warranty (8 month old camper) and set me up with a local service center to take care of it (vs. my actual dealer who is 145 miles away).
Old 05-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah_utrup View Post

Hi UT!
my dealer replace my Dometic 310 with a Thetford Magic V??? Haven't used it yet though. Looks nice. Flush pedal is in the front as opposed to the side mount on the Dometic. Steve
Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #9

The dealer is upgrading my plastic 300 to a porcelian 310. Those with problems with the 310, was that a plastic or porcelian toilet?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #10

Mine was the 310. Porcelain bowl w/ plastic base. This was the one Ed replaced twice. Jury still out on the new one as we have not used it yet. Steve