Old 02-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #41
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
No I really don't know and my Mother told me that I will never know things until/unless i ask - so I'm asking.
Ok, this exchange made me LOL a little.

I can see your confusion, but man - it's still got me chuckling.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #42
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

I know right!
I alsmost had a "Turbs" over the deal!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #43
B47

Quote:

Well I am glad I was able to bring a little chuckle into your life today.I still will bet there are others here who didn't know either.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #44

This is Sofa King Funny! Youroo!!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #45
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This is Sofa King Funny! Youroo!!
This is amazing - yours is the 12th reply in this thread since my asking what it meant.

Must be a slow Friday.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #46

Quote:
That's essentially how the Red Cross taught us during first aid and CPR classes for glove removal. About the only thing different is:

"Then use your now un-gloved hand to grasp the remaining glove from the inside at its very top and pull it down, leaving the first glove inside."

That way, you never touch the outside of a glove with a bare hand.
You are exactly right. I left out an important detail. Thanks.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #47
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHuser View Post
I wonder what people do today when they change their kids diapers. When my little one was little, we didn't wear gloves to change diapers, just made sure to wash up after with soap and water. We both survived!

Do you wear gloves when you take a bowel movement and then wipe? I don't. Just easy up after with soap and water.

I was raised on a farm also and never worried about a little poo either. That was what soap and water were for.

By the way, as far as the previous generations dying young, in my wife's family and mine, the previous generations, that didn't use gloves just good old soap (not even antibacterial soap) and water, managed to live into their late '80s and '90s.
I guess if my 4 grandparents had used rubber gloves, they would have lived a lot longer. They all missed 100 by 2-6 yrs.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #48
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
I admit - I'm one of those that has the box of 100 disposable plastic gloves in the underbelly and wear then when hooking or or removing the sewer hose.

But - I tell you what I see so often that has me paranoid when hooking up to the water at any campground.

Why do people unhook their water hose, and then take the sewer hose off and stick it up on the bare water faucet to clean out before packing it away. I just imagine how many germs get transferred from the sewer hose to the fresh-water hookup that the next visitor is going to hook up to.

Don't get me wrong - I was raised by parents who knew that a little dirt helped build the immune system so I'm certainly far from a "clean freak" - but, seeing that sure makes me spend a bit of extra time cleaning off (even using hand sanitizer) on the fresh-water faucet before drinking anything from it. And...once my water is hooked up I'll let it run 2 or 3 minutes onto the ground before hooking up to the trailer.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #49

Quote:
Might be wrong, but have never seen anyone use gloves when the finish putting the stuff in the black tank.
OldCoot you may need a hobby; the people putting the stuff in the black tank may be offended with you watching...LMAO

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #50
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
Why do people unhook their water hose, and then take the sewer hose off and stick it up on the bare water faucet to clean out before packing it away. I just imagine how many germs get transferred from the sewer hose to the fresh-water hookup that the next visitor is going to hook up to.
As the original "no gloves" admitter - that, frankly, is disgusting! I've heard of this happening but haven't ever seen it. I'd surely start carrying a bottle of bleach in a spray bottle once I did. YUCK!