Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #1

Locking fresh water cap

Has anyone installed a locking fresh water cap on there forest river camper? Do they even make them for our forest river design? Thanks
Long Hual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Hual View Post
Has anyone installed a locking fresh water cap on there forest river camper? Do they even make them for our forest river design? Thanks
Sorry to say I have never seen one, nor know anybody who has one even. May I ask why you would want one? Maybe you know something I do not, and I always want to learn alot of smart folks on this forum, never to old to learn something new.....:

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Site Team

there is no such thing as "Forest River Design" water cap, at least on TT's and popups. they are a RV standard item that is used for all manufacturers.

but since you don't list what RV you have, other types of RVs may be different.

but never seen a locking cap for the standard type of fresh water fill neck.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #4

like this?

Water Hatch with Key Lock - Valterra A01-2002VP - Faucets & Inlets - Camping World

Looks like you might need to cut a larger recess in the exterior wall to replace the standard type water fill though. It could be done, but it doesn't look like a simple replacement,
SCOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #5

I've got the rockwood 8286 and when we were out camping last I seen a couple kids dropping rocks into there parents water tank across the way and I do have kids, like they say kids will be kids. I did find something that looks like a very simple replacement and it locks, but it looks like they are from Europe and they come in either white or black. I'll set my iPad up better so I can post some pictures tonight.
Long Hual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #6

I don't know how to post pictures but the PO of our 2008 Work and Play put a locking cover over one of the water fill caps. He had taken the second water tank out and capped off the outside opening. I don't know where he got the cover he used but I would like to find another one as I have reinstalled the second tank. The cover he used simply installed over the top of the existing fill opening using screws into the side of the trailer. If it helps, visualize the cover in the SCOC post with everything inside the screw flange removed. That is pretty close to what I have.
scout3351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #7

You could always do a mod to instal one of these.
Attached Images

jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water