Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #1

Love our new rv (& a plumbing question)

Hello all, its been awhile since I posted last. since then we picked up our 2014 sunseeker 3100ss, 11 nights in it so far... We LOVE IT ,,,,, drives great and knock on wood no major flaws we can find.... everything works and only a few minor fixes for the dealer when I take it in..
One question I have is my red hose (low point drain) I believe, under back pass. side of rv drips,,, what bothers me is it drips when hooked up to city water supply even b4 I turn on water heater.. now there is a cap on the red low point not on the blue and only the red drips, dealer told me to just tighten the clamp around the cap but would that not just trap the water on the inside? for now I just let it drip any ideas??
littleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #2

Is it dripping from the hose, or the cap?
ptt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Camper Less Camping

There is suppose to be a rubber washer inside cap for low point drain(s)...if not, it will drip (similar to water hose @ house)

Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleb View Post
Hello all, its been awhile since I posted last. since then we picked up our 2014 sunseeker 3100ss, 11 nights in it so far... We LOVE IT ,,,,, drives great and knock on wood no major flaws we can find.... everything works and only a few minor fixes for the dealer when I take it in..
One question I have is my red hose (low point drain) I believe, under back pass. side of rv drips,,, what bothers me is it drips when hooked up to city water supply even b4 I turn on water heater.. now there is a cap on the red low point not on the blue and only the red drips, dealer told me to just tighten the clamp around the cap but would that not just trap the water on the inside? for now I just let it drip any ideas??
From the way I read what you posted,what is stopping the Blue line from not expelling water if (No) cap has been on it? It sounds like your (Dealer) needs to put a new valve on the (Blue Line). When you winterize open the (Valves) above and the water runs out,no (Caps) should be on the discharge drain lines,(Unless!) they are the type with (NO) valves and the (Caps) are the drain stop. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
Denver, CO

Some have a valve and a cap, some a valve and some just a cap with a washer like a hose, the low point drains are under pressure, so the must be sealed. If it is dripping, it is not sealed and should be fixed. maybe the gasket or washer is missing.?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
cbauch

I just bought a 2014 salem villa estate, my red and blue drip also. The dealer told me it is suppose to. I am hooked up to city water line. I also now have a wet spot on carpet in bedroom about 12x 4 area. What is under this wet area is the fresh water tank. I am clueless here. This is my first rv.
cbauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbauch View Post
I just bought a 2014 salem villa estate, my red and blue drip also. The dealer told me it is suppose to. I am hooked up to city water line. I also now have a wet spot on carpet in bedroom about 12x 4 area. What is under this wet area is the fresh water tank. I am clueless here. This is my first rv.
Your Dealer is a (Drip) get a New dealer! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #8

Sorry I will clarify a little better, Have a red and blue hose, the red has a metal clamp and a plastic valve on it, the blue has nothing at all just a blue hose.. The red drips the blue does not.. It appears that I could tighten the plastic valve on the red hose but then rather then dripping harmlessly under the rv where will that water go? and why does my red drip? it drips when hooked up to city water and it also very slow drip when not hooked up to anything with no water in tanks?? I am confused.. I do have rv plugged in to power in my driveway for lights and fridge but that is all... Makes no sense to me I must be missing something.. Thanks guys and gals..
Old 08-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Sorry I will clarify a little better, Have a red and blue hose, the red has a metal clamp and a plastic valve on it, the blue has nothing at all just a blue hose.. The red drips the blue does not.. It appears that I could tighten the plastic valve on the red hose but then rather then dripping harmlessly under the rv where will that water go? and why does my red drip? it drips when hooked up to city water and it also very slow drip when not hooked up to anything with no water in tanks?? I am confused.. I do have rv plugged in to power in my driveway for lights and fridge but that is all... Makes no sense to me I must be missing something.. Thanks guys and gals..
Where will the water go? It will stay in the water line until you use it.

Do you have a Pressure Reducer on your hose that is connected to the city water? Your Pressure may be too high and you should be glad that you have a leak under your camper or you are going to blow some water lines out, unlike "YOUROO" who has too much pressure for the back flow preventor valve at his water pump and has water shooting up from his fresh water tank that has sprung a leak in one of the hoses that are around it. (imo)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Where will the water go? It will stay in the water line until you use it.

Do you have a Pressure Reducer on your hose that is connected to the city water? Your Pressure may be too high and you should be glad that you have a leak under your camper or you are going to blow some water lines out, unlike "YOUROO" who has too much pressure for the back flow preventor valve at his water pump and has water shooting up from his fresh water tank that has sprung a leak in one of the hoses that are around it. (imo)

yup got a pressure reg. actually carry a spare. that's not it... I know it will stay in the lines lol. but when hooked up its steady drip when not hooked up to anything its still a real slow drip ..where is water coming from? it still drips now and its been 10 days or so since I parked it .. I am baffled.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #11

Quote:
yup got a pressure reg. actually carry a spare. that's not it... I know it will stay in the lines lol. but when hooked up its steady drip when not hooked up to anything its still a real slow drip ..where is water coming from? it still drips now and its been 10 days or so since I parked it .. I am baffled.

These two lines coming out of the bottom of your unit are your 'low point' drain valves for when you want to drain all of your water lines. The blue is your 'cold' line and the red is your 'hot' line. Your water heater is in your 'hot' line and it has 5/6 gals of water in it..... it is still draining.

Blessings

Old 08-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #12

Well you still have water in the lines and the water heater, so if it's a slow drip it will take a while to empty. Tighten up the cap if that's what leaking......a picture always helps..
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
These two lines coming out of the bottom of your unit are your 'low point' drain valves for when you want to drain all of your water lines. The blue is your 'cold' line and the red is your 'hot' line. Your water heater is in your 'hot' line and it has 5/6 gals of water in it..... it is still draining.

Blessings

I am a bonehead lol forgot about that....feel better now though ty... as for why there is a clamp and valve on the hot and nothing on the cold I am still unsure but the cold does not drip at all...
Old 08-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #14

Quote:
I am a bonehead lol forgot about that....feel better now though ty... as for why there is a clamp and valve on the hot and nothing on the cold I am still unsure but the cold does not drip at all...
Are you 100% sure that the two tubes that you are looking at are your low water drain valves? If one has a clamp and valve on it and the other has 'nothing' but a tube...... this sounds like your Fresh Water tank tubes....One is a 'drain valve' tube to drain your Fresh water and the other is an 'over flow/breather' tube.

You should have 4/Four/for/fer tubes under your camper that you can plainly or not so plainly see....

two on the fresh water tank and two to drain your hot/cold water lines......

Can you find all four tubes?

Old 08-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #15
cbauch

My blue and red are dripping and i have a wet carpet in bedroom, its a very small area and my rv is brand new. 2 weeks and i have had nothing but problems. It looks like the fresh water tank is under the wet area. I am hooked up to city water line. I don't know where its coming from
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #16

Quote:
My blue and red are dripping and i have a wet carpet in bedroom, its a very small area and my rv is brand new. 2 weeks and i have had nothing but problems. It looks like the fresh water tank is under the wet area. I am hooked up to city water line. I don't know where its coming from
Your dripping tubes are the least of your worries. they do have maybe too much water pressure on the water lines.

Do you have a Pressure Reducer on your city water?

Unhook from city water.

Can you see the Fresh Water tank from the under side of your unit?

If there is a cover under the camper, you will have to take out some screws and find out where you leak is.

It sounds as if the 'city water' is leaking past the water pump and filling the fresh water tank and 'maybe' a hose came loose and spraying water 'upward'.

1) the pressure should never be so high from the city water supply to back fill your fresh water tank. RED FLAG..... this is maybe one problem.
2) water is spraying from somewhere to the underside of your floor. RED FLAG.
this is another problem.

YOU CALL the sDealer that sold you this thing and tell him to FIX IT......
YOU tell the sDealer to have someone once again walk you through everything on your camper....
YOU tell the sDealer that the tubes are not to leak at all. That there is a water leak somewhere else and you want it found and fixed asap.
YOU tell the sDealer (if the fresh water tank filled up from city water),that the back flow valves on the water pump do not work and that you want the whole water pump replaced.
a

If this is a 2014..... It is newer than new and I would bug the heck out of that sDealer with everything that I thought was wrong or did not understand. He took your money and he needs to stand behind his product.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
cbauch

Thank you, this makes sense....i do not have a pressure regulator but i will get one....my husband is in afganistan so i will have to figure this out. I called the dealership and they are suppose to be out here thurs. Morning for a list of things to fix......thank you so much for your help.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #18
cbauch

Carpet wet

I went out and turned off the city water, i cannot tell if their is water in fresh water tank, too dark now......should i try and drain the fresh water? I will pick up regulator tomorrow. Any other infor. Would greatly be appreciated. Thank you so much again
Old 08-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #19

Quote:
I went out and turned off the city water, i cannot tell if their is water in fresh water tank, too dark now......should i try and drain the fresh water? I will pick up regulator tomorrow. Any other infor. Would greatly be appreciated. Thank you so much again
1)I want to thank-your husband for his service and I pray that he and all of our troops leave that place quickly and safely (withdrawal date is 2014)

2) A high city water pressure may, I repeat may have caused all of your issues. Do not take responsibility for any of it. This should have been covered in your walk through and you should have been given a Pressure Reducer with the unit. The sDealer will cover this as it is his error and his shoddy product.

3) to find out how much water is in the fresh water tank. There are buttons beside the stove that tell you
a) battery power..... When plugged in it will show 'MAX' 4 lights. If only on battery power the lights should show 4 and go down as you use power from batteries only
b) Fresh Water tank. push button and it will show how much water is in tank
c) Grey waste tank
d) Black waste tank
e)water pump switch
f) electric water heater element if you have that feature.

I do not follow all of the threads so if you have a specific question you can private message me if you want. If I don't know the answer, I am sure someone on this board does.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #20
cbauch

It shows empty.....but i am going to leave the water off until thurs. I can use the public showers, etc. Thank you for the compliment for my husband i will tell him in a few min. When he gets on video chat. He will appreciate that. Cannot wait till thurs gets here to see what they have to say. Thank you again so much