Old 08-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #1

Love our new rv (& a plumbing question)

Hello all, its been awhile since I posted last. since then we picked up our 2014 sunseeker 3100ss, 11 nights in it so far... We LOVE IT ,,,,, drives great and knock on wood no major flaws we can find.... everything works and only a few minor fixes for the dealer when I take it in..
One question I have is my red hose (low point drain) I believe, under back pass. side of rv drips,,, what bothers me is it drips when hooked up to city water supply even b4 I turn on water heater.. now there is a cap on the red low point not on the blue and only the red drips, dealer told me to just tighten the clamp around the cap but would that not just trap the water on the inside? for now I just let it drip any ideas??

Old 08-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #2

Is it dripping from the hose, or the cap?

2007 Ford F-150, 4.6L V-8
Equal-i-zer
ptt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Camper Less Camping

There is suppose to be a rubber washer inside cap for low point drain(s)...if not, it will drip (similar to water hose @ house)
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleb View Post
Hello all, its been awhile since I posted last. since then we picked up our 2014 sunseeker 3100ss, 11 nights in it so far... We LOVE IT ,,,,, drives great and knock on wood no major flaws we can find.... everything works and only a few minor fixes for the dealer when I take it in..
One question I have is my red hose (low point drain) I believe, under back pass. side of rv drips,,, what bothers me is it drips when hooked up to city water supply even b4 I turn on water heater.. now there is a cap on the red low point not on the blue and only the red drips, dealer told me to just tighten the clamp around the cap but would that not just trap the water on the inside? for now I just let it drip any ideas??
From the way I read what you posted,what is stopping the Blue line from not expelling water if (No) cap has been on it? It sounds like your (Dealer) needs to put a new valve on the (Blue Line). When you winterize open the (Valves) above and the water runs out,no (Caps) should be on the discharge drain lines,(Unless!) they are the type with (NO) valves and the (Caps) are the drain stop. Youroo!!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Denver, CO

Some have a valve and a cap, some a valve and some just a cap with a washer like a hose, the low point drains are under pressure, so the must be sealed. If it is dripping, it is not sealed and should be fixed. maybe the gasket or washer is missing.?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
cbauch

I just bought a 2014 salem villa estate, my red and blue drip also. The dealer told me it is suppose to. I am hooked up to city water line. I also now have a wet spot on carpet in bedroom about 12x 4 area. What is under this wet area is the fresh water tank. I am clueless here. This is my first rv.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbauch View Post
I just bought a 2014 salem villa estate, my red and blue drip also. The dealer told me it is suppose to. I am hooked up to city water line. I also now have a wet spot on carpet in bedroom about 12x 4 area. What is under this wet area is the fresh water tank. I am clueless here. This is my first rv.
Your Dealer is a (Drip) get a New dealer! Youroo!!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #8

Sorry I will clarify a little better, Have a red and blue hose, the red has a metal clamp and a plastic valve on it, the blue has nothing at all just a blue hose.. The red drips the blue does not.. It appears that I could tighten the plastic valve on the red hose but then rather then dripping harmlessly under the rv where will that water go? and why does my red drip? it drips when hooked up to city water and it also very slow drip when not hooked up to anything with no water in tanks?? I am confused.. I do have rv plugged in to power in my driveway for lights and fridge but that is all... Makes no sense to me I must be missing something.. Thanks guys and gals..
Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleb View Post
Sorry I will clarify a little better, Have a red and blue hose, the red has a metal clamp and a plastic valve on it, the blue has nothing at all just a blue hose.. The red drips the blue does not.. It appears that I could tighten the plastic valve on the red hose but then rather then dripping harmlessly under the rv where will that water go? and why does my red drip? it drips when hooked up to city water and it also very slow drip when not hooked up to anything with no water in tanks?? I am confused.. I do have rv plugged in to power in my driveway for lights and fridge but that is all... Makes no sense to me I must be missing something.. Thanks guys and gals..
Where will the water go? It will stay in the water line until you use it.

Do you have a Pressure Reducer on your hose that is connected to the city water? Your Pressure may be too high and you should be glad that you have a leak under your camper or you are going to blow some water lines out, unlike "YOUROO" who has too much pressure for the back flow preventor valve at his water pump and has water shooting up from his fresh water tank that has sprung a leak in one of the hoses that are around it. (imo)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Where will the water go? It will stay in the water line until you use it.

Do you have a Pressure Reducer on your hose that is connected to the city water? Your Pressure may be too high and you should be glad that you have a leak under your camper or you are going to blow some water lines out, unlike "YOUROO" who has too much pressure for the back flow preventor valve at his water pump and has water shooting up from his fresh water tank that has sprung a leak in one of the hoses that are around it. (imo)

yup got a pressure reg. actually carry a spare. that's not it... I know it will stay in the lines lol. but when hooked up its steady drip when not hooked up to anything its still a real slow drip ..where is water coming from? it still drips now and its been 10 days or so since I parked it .. I am baffled.