Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: wny
Posts: 25
Love our new rv (& a plumbing question)

Hello all, its been awhile since I posted last. since then we picked up our 2014 sunseeker 3100ss, 11 nights in it so far... We LOVE IT ,,,,, drives great and knock on wood no major flaws we can find.... everything works and only a few minor fixes for the dealer when I take it in..
One question I have is my red hose (low point drain) I believe, under back pass. side of rv drips,,, what bothers me is it drips when hooked up to city water supply even b4 I turn on water heater.. now there is a cap on the red low point not on the blue and only the red drips, dealer told me to just tighten the clamp around the cap but would that not just trap the water on the inside? for now I just let it drip any ideas??
__________________

__________________
littleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Member
 
ptt87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 56
Is it dripping from the hose, or the cap?
__________________

__________________
Pete & Laurel
Peachtree City, GA
2012 Surveyor SP280
2007 Ford F-150, 4.6L V-8
Equal-i-zer
ptt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
There is suppose to be a rubber washer inside cap for low point drain(s)...if not, it will drip (similar to water hose @ house)
__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleb View Post
Hello all, its been awhile since I posted last. since then we picked up our 2014 sunseeker 3100ss, 11 nights in it so far... We LOVE IT ,,,,, drives great and knock on wood no major flaws we can find.... everything works and only a few minor fixes for the dealer when I take it in..
One question I have is my red hose (low point drain) I believe, under back pass. side of rv drips,,, what bothers me is it drips when hooked up to city water supply even b4 I turn on water heater.. now there is a cap on the red low point not on the blue and only the red drips, dealer told me to just tighten the clamp around the cap but would that not just trap the water on the inside? for now I just let it drip any ideas??
From the way I read what you posted,what is stopping the Blue line from not expelling water if (No) cap has been on it? It sounds like your (Dealer) needs to put a new valve on the (Blue Line). When you winterize open the (Valves) above and the water runs out,no (Caps) should be on the discharge drain lines,(Unless!) they are the type with (NO) valves and the (Caps) are the drain stop. Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Denver, CO
 
garbonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,905
Some have a valve and a cap, some a valve and some just a cap with a washer like a hose, the low point drains are under pressure, so the must be sealed. If it is dripping, it is not sealed and should be fixed. maybe the gasket or washer is missing.?
__________________
2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
cbauch
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 35
I just bought a 2014 salem villa estate, my red and blue drip also. The dealer told me it is suppose to. I am hooked up to city water line. I also now have a wet spot on carpet in bedroom about 12x 4 area. What is under this wet area is the fresh water tank. I am clueless here. This is my first rv.
__________________
cbauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbauch View Post
I just bought a 2014 salem villa estate, my red and blue drip also. The dealer told me it is suppose to. I am hooked up to city water line. I also now have a wet spot on carpet in bedroom about 12x 4 area. What is under this wet area is the fresh water tank. I am clueless here. This is my first rv.
Your Dealer is a (Drip) get a New dealer! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: wny
Posts: 25
Sorry I will clarify a little better, Have a red and blue hose, the red has a metal clamp and a plastic valve on it, the blue has nothing at all just a blue hose.. The red drips the blue does not.. It appears that I could tighten the plastic valve on the red hose but then rather then dripping harmlessly under the rv where will that water go? and why does my red drip? it drips when hooked up to city water and it also very slow drip when not hooked up to anything with no water in tanks?? I am confused.. I do have rv plugged in to power in my driveway for lights and fridge but that is all... Makes no sense to me I must be missing something.. Thanks guys and gals..
__________________
littleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleb View Post
Sorry I will clarify a little better, Have a red and blue hose, the red has a metal clamp and a plastic valve on it, the blue has nothing at all just a blue hose.. The red drips the blue does not.. It appears that I could tighten the plastic valve on the red hose but then rather then dripping harmlessly under the rv where will that water go? and why does my red drip? it drips when hooked up to city water and it also very slow drip when not hooked up to anything with no water in tanks?? I am confused.. I do have rv plugged in to power in my driveway for lights and fridge but that is all... Makes no sense to me I must be missing something.. Thanks guys and gals..
Where will the water go? It will stay in the water line until you use it.

Do you have a Pressure Reducer on your hose that is connected to the city water? Your Pressure may be too high and you should be glad that you have a leak under your camper or you are going to blow some water lines out, unlike "YOUROO" who has too much pressure for the back flow preventor valve at his water pump and has water shooting up from his fresh water tank that has sprung a leak in one of the hoses that are around it. (imo)
__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: wny
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Where will the water go? It will stay in the water line until you use it.

Do you have a Pressure Reducer on your hose that is connected to the city water? Your Pressure may be too high and you should be glad that you have a leak under your camper or you are going to blow some water lines out, unlike "YOUROO" who has too much pressure for the back flow preventor valve at his water pump and has water shooting up from his fresh water tank that has sprung a leak in one of the hoses that are around it. (imo)

yup got a pressure reg. actually carry a spare. that's not it... I know it will stay in the lines lol. but when hooked up its steady drip when not hooked up to anything its still a real slow drip ..where is water coming from? it still drips now and its been 10 days or so since I parked it .. I am baffled.
__________________

__________________
littleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.