Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2015, 05:14 PM   #1

Low hot water pressure

My problem is low or almost nonexistent hot water pressure. The hot-water tank is a Suburban SW6D. After purging the winter antifreeze from the water lines, putting the anode back in the HW tank and filling the fresh water tank I flashed up the hot-water tank and proceeded to test the water system. The cold water delivery was as expected with either the pump or a direct connection to city water. The hot water was another matter. Low output at the galley sink and a mere dribble in the washroom sink and tub. I have double checked the valves at the HW tank and the fresh water tank and they are where they should be. Thinking that it might be a problem of an airlock somewhere in the HW system I closed the bypass valve from the water line to the HW tank and directed the water flow to the hot-water lines. The water pressure was similar to that of the cold water lines. My next thought is that there may be a restriction/blockage where the hot-water line connects with the tank. I’m a bit loath to disconnect the HW outlet from the tank and attack it with the air compressor without some feedback from others. Suggestions?
Ballpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #2

Sounds like you (Flushed) some (White Crap) into the H/W side when you (Unwinterized)! Try to use Low air pressure at a H/W line downstream from the W/H. Backflush into the W/H as well as the H/W low point drain. Then give the W/H a GOOD flush out while running a BIG bottle brush inside the A-Rod hole with a water jet inside the W/H tank at the same time! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, pressure, water