Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #1

Low Point Drain on Cedar Creek 36RE

Preparing for the coldest nights in several years. Where are the low point drain valves on my 2012 Cedar Creek 36RE. Found the low-point drain pipes but no valves in that area. What else should bed drained? Temps tonighgt will dip down to mid/upper 20's which I thin k we have experienced last year with no problem. Tomorrow night it will drop to mid/upper teens. Thanks in advance for your speedy reply. Steve
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #2

Steve, our low point drains had caps on them, just unscrewed the caps and let whatever was behind them drain. I also opened the faucets inside just to be safe. You'll also was to remove the anode rod from your hot water heater and drain it as well. Normally takes a 1-1/16" socket. I am sure there's something I've missed here, a good search of the archives will tell you more. Being here in the DFW area we don't get too many freezing nights, so I do what I can and hope for the best! So far so good!
Rancho RS9000XL's and Firestone airbags
Pullrite Superglide 18k hitch
alphadog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:26 AM   #3

We have a 2010 36RE and the valves are behind the false wall( slides Back) in the awning side of the storage bin. I can reach in to turn them.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #4

Like dblr, on our CC Silverback the valves are behind a sliding panel in the front storage compartment. Here are a couple of pics.

Photo of the sliding panel closed.

Photo of the sliding panel open. You can easily see the drain valves.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, drain