Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 27
Low Water Pressure Throughout Trailer

I have a 2013 Silverback 35QB4 and we are on our own 1/2 acre lot with a cistern and pump. I have 2 connections at the pump, one to my trailer and one for a garden hose thats free to use outside for watering trees / plants etc.

There is plenty of pressure coming from the pump itself as the garden hose has enough pressure to spray off decks, wash boat etc. Yet, the pressure within the trailer is very low everywhere, shower, toilet, sinks, etc. The pump is set to max out at 60 psi and I don't have a pressure reducer at my connection to the trailer.

Any ideas? Am I missing something simple?
__________________

__________________
2013 Silverback 35QB4
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I have a 2013 Silverback 35QB4 and we are on our own 1/2 acre lot with a cistern and pump. I have 2 connections at the pump, one to my trailer and one for a garden hose thats free to use outside for watering trees / plants etc.

There is plenty of pressure coming from the pump itself as the garden hose has enough pressure to spray off decks, wash boat etc. Yet, the pressure within the trailer is very low everywhere, shower, toilet, sinks, etc. The pump is set to max out at 60 psi and I don't have a pressure reducer at my connection to the trailer.

Any ideas? Am I missing something simple?
Is your water filter plugged?
There should also be a sediment screen near your pump.

Very fine micron filter?
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,512
Check the screen where you hook up the hose to your camper.
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Is your water filter plugged?
There should also be a sediment screen near your pump.

Very fine micron filter?
I do have a water filter and it's fairly new so it should be fine. Saying that though, I will simply remove the filter and see if that makes a difference. Sadly I'm not back out there for a couple weeks so I can't even try it out for a while.

Thanks.
__________________
2013 Silverback 35QB4
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
...Any ideas? Am I missing something simple?
Remove all the aerators on the faucets and clean and throw the water savers away, (the little flat washers with a hole in them)
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I have a 2013 Silverback 35QB4 and we are on our own 1/2 acre lot with a cistern and pump. I have 2 connections at the pump, one to my trailer and one for a garden hose thats free to use outside for watering trees / plants etc.

There is plenty of pressure coming from the pump itself as the garden hose has enough pressure to spray off decks, wash boat etc. Yet, the pressure within the trailer is very low everywhere, shower, toilet, sinks, etc. The pump is set to max out at 60 psi and I don't have a pressure reducer at my connection to the trailer.

Any ideas? Am I missing something simple?
had a similar problem in our old pop-up. curiously the pressure was ok off the pump. found a couple dozen dead ladybugs in the inlet line...
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
had a similar problem in our old pop-up. curiously the pressure was ok off the pump. found a couple dozen dead ladybugs in the inlet line...
HA, I'm going to tell my wife and daughter that and see if they freak out.
__________________
2013 Silverback 35QB4
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Remove all the aerators on the faucets and clean and throw the water savers away, (the little flat washers with a hole in them)
I'll take a look. I didn't know each faucet has a restrictor on it.
__________________
2013 Silverback 35QB4
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
HA, I'm going to tell my wife and daughter that and see if they freak out.
mine still will not drink the water from the tap...
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
mine still will not drink the water from the tap...
Cant say I blame her.
__________________

__________________
2013 Silverback 35QB4
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.