Old 07-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #1

Macerator Pump Distances

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a flowjet 18555-000 to be able to dump the tanks from our Roo 21RS into our septic tank. The question I have is what sort of distances are people finding work ok ?

The data sheet for the pump says 50 feet max with a 3/4" hose, the septic tank is about 70 feet away but with about a 3 foot drop from the trailer to it. I am thinking that if I go with a 1" outlet hose this should still work, but I was wondering if anyone had any real world experience ?

Cheers
Andy

Old 07-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Check it out on amazon.com Many reviews and comments on its capabilities.
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Flojet 18555-000 Waste Water Pump

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #3

Hi,
We have a flojet and love it. Our travel trailer is about 705 feet away as well. we use the 1" hose a 50' and a 25' connected together and it just reaches. We did have to replace it a few months ago due to kids/toys :/ but we were able to get a cheaper model and connect it to the lock system on the other and it is great. We are a family of 6 using it full time and it is a life saver! Drains pretty fast and i make sure the hose is flushed and then use the grey water on the plants (grey gets drained at least once a day)
sewdarnhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #4

This is the one I have and it is supposed to be able to pump 150 feet uphill.
The Flojet 18555-000 DC portable waste pump. It just makes me wonder if everything comes out of the tank as well as when you use 3 inch hose to dump. The suction doesn't seem to be there.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeman View Post
It just makes me wonder if everything comes out of the tank as well as when you use 3 inch hose to dump. The suction doesn't seem to be there.
I don't have one, but I don't trust the suction to clear my tank anyway. I use extra was and my black-tank flush to really get things good and clean.

Of course, that assumes water hookups.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #6

ependydad, I also use my flush, when in a regular campground. We boondock 95% of the time and if you want it, you have to bring it. Usually go to a dump station when we leave and I try to flush it then. I also use the macerator at home but have to pump into the house, to a toilet. My wife's job is to hold the hose. It's a stinky job but somebody has to do it.....after all I be the one controlling the macerator button . Oh by the way I hook up the alligator clips directly to my battery to get enough juice. I had to add to the length of the electrical wire to reach the battery compartment.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #7

I pump mine with 100' of 3/4" hose. It does OK, but as others have mentioned, there is no substitute for opening that valve and WHOOOSH, letting it quickly drain into a short 3" hose. The pump is too slow to get the solids moving good. I usually have to do about 3 fill-pump cycles to get it reasonable clean. Also, if you are going to dump into a septic tank, you will have to use the green tank chemicals. The blue formaldehyde based chemicals will kill a septic tank in short order.

Bob
2013 Rockwood HW296
w4drr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #8

Thanks all got the pump will see how it goes. We use the geo method on the tanks so no chemicals to worry about. I also installed a tornado tank flush to help clean it out afterwards.

Normally we visit a dump station but this is hopefully going to best lining up and waiting !
Old 07-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #9

I just purchased a Flojet macerator pump but haven't used it yet. It's in case the line ups at the park's dumping station are super long or if I want to give the black tank a good cleaning at home. Do I have to use a 3/4 inch hose or will smaller do? Also, I would be dumping in the toilet in the house, about 40 feet away. Do I have to put the hose in the toilet pass the P trap? I've seen some people installing a pipe outside the house that goes directly to the plumbing. Good idea.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #10

Well our hose is 3/4 and the flow is pretty good. As far as I know my wife holds it near the water line of the toilet. I know she doesn't push it in past the trap. She's the nozzle man and I be the pump operator. The hose is stretched full out to get to our toilet (50 ft). If you have an outside line that goes directly to the sanitary sewer or to the septic tank, that's a lot better than hauling the hose into the house.