Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #21

We use the Geo method. And I also use the moist wipes and was flushing them down. When winterizing last fall, I flushed out all of our tanks and lo and behold, what do you think came out of the tank? Yup....moist wipes. I will NOT be using them this camping season. And if I do, they will be going into a garbage bag and taken to the dumpster pronto. That is really the only "problem" we had with our tank last year. I highly recommend the geo method - no chemicals, no odors. Just had the issue with the wipes, was was really my own fault. And we don't use RV toilet paper. We use plain old ordinary Charmin and it breaks up just fine, even with the geo method. It's not the chemicals that are breaking up the paper anyway...it's the water. If your toilet paper disolves in a glass of water, its fine to use. As I've said in previous posts.....life is too short to use cheap (and thin) toilet paper!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #22

does regular paper get caught in the grove ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post

And we don't use RV toilet paper. We use plain old ordinary Charmin and it breaks up just fine

I had a toilet on a 89 motorhome leaking through
the man at Webbs RV in Lakeside
told me that it was from not using
RV type toilet paper
regular paper get's caught in the toilet grove
because it does not break down as well
at that time I paid to have him make repair
a new flapper valve ?? installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post

life is too short to use cheap (and thin) toilet paper!

I think that adds to the camping experience

Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #23
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonizik3 View Post
I'll be honest and say we never used our Keystone Outback 25rss camper's toilet for #2. We would just use the campground restrooms. I mean they come by and clean them every couple of hours. Its just about 75 yards from our favorite campsite and its always clean. I also used the campground showers because being 6'4" I didn't fit in the Outback's shower very well. Maybe we are weird but we just use the campground facilities for when nature calls. Plus its a mess i don't have to deal with.
I have a Flagstaff 625D pop-up, and we also only use the toilet for #1. I don't miss waking up in the middle of the night and having to get dressed and go outside in the cold night air just to take a leak. For #2 and for showers we use the campground facilities.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote