Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 11:42 AM   #11
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,934
Don't forget to also flush and sanitize the pipe section that runs from your city water connection. Remove the screen from inside the city water connector and push in the check valve so pump water will come out. It will spray out on you so stand to the side so you don't get too wet.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #12
Mr
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 6
Not sure of the need to sanitize. The pink stuff in your system is almost pure alcohol and I don't know any microbe who would enjoy that environment. Just a thought.
__________________

__________________
gillesgoulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgoulet View Post
Not sure of the need to sanitize. The pink stuff in your system is almost pure alcohol and I don't know any microbe who would enjoy that environment. Just a thought.
I doubt OP or anyone has spent enough money on A.F to fill a FW tank.

For me that would be over 150 dollars us., generally it takes two gallons to winterize the lite.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
BobHanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 270
Put in 1/4 cup of bleach to each 15 gallons of fresh water tank capacity. After several hours of full tank, flush out antifreeze and sanitize lines at the same time. Then drain, refill, drain again and add as much water as you wish to travel with.
__________________
"Lurch" = Georgetown 2011 330TS
Jeep 2016 Cherokee
Pilot = Bob
Navigator = Xiangbing
Crew = Shikibu
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:02 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhanke View Post
put in 1/4 cup of bleach to each 15 gallons of fresh water tank capacity. After several hours of full tank, flush out antifreeze and sanitize lines at the same time. Then drain, refill, drain again and add as much water as you wish to travel with.
👍 👍
__________________
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:08 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 209
Your fresh water tank will not fully drain because the drain line fitting is on the side of the tank approx a half inch of water can remain in the tank. This water will get really nasty after several months of just sitting in the tank. The tank should be dewinterize separately from the rest of your plumbing. Add 3/4 cup of bleach to the tank and fill with fresh water, let set while you dewinterize the rest of the system. When done drain the FW tank at the drain, partially refill tank and PUMP the water through your system and you should be refreshed. For those who have in line filters you can get a bypass from the filter mfr. on the Internet.
__________________
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsdaletc View Post
Your fresh water tank will not fully drain because the drain line fitting is on the side of the tank approx a half inch of water can remain in the tank. This water will get really nasty after several months of just sitting in the tank. The tank should be dewinterize separately from the rest of your plumbing. Add 3/4 cup of bleach to the tank and fill with fresh water, let set while you dewinterize the rest of the system. When done drain the FW tank at the drain, partially refill tank and PUMP the water through your system and you should be refreshed. For those who have in line filters you can get a bypass from the filter mfr. on the Internet.
I asked this before but we have not used nor do we plan on using the FW tank, but I was advised to sanitize just in case. So is it really necessary to pre-sanitze the tank?
__________________
2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #18
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
I asked this before but we have not used nor do we plan on using the FW tank, but I was advised to sanitize just in case. So is it really necessary to pre-sanitze the tank?
If your not going to use why bother. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:36 PM   #19
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
You will need water in the tank to flush out the pump and supply line from the tank. It was most likely used to winterize the system.
No big deal for a little antifreeze to come through system if you did used the pump to winterize. I never bother with this and so little to mess with. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:26 AM   #20
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
I asked this before but we have not used nor do we plan on using the FW tank, but I was advised to sanitize just in case. So is it really necessary to pre-sanitze the tank?

I like to carry fresh water mostly to use the toilet, wash my hands and water the dogs while on the road.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat, winter, winterize

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.