Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #1

Question Need FRESH WATER holding tank help!

How do you drain the fresh water holding tank on a 2007 31' Flagstaff Travel Trailer? Also there is a small release valve under the slide that has been open ever since we bought the tt and we don't know what it is for. We have looked at schematics in our manual but they don't appear to be for our model. I am so happy to have found this forum and cannot believe the wealth of information you guys provide. Thanks so much for providing it!!
dndsprouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #2

generally you should see a tube with a valve suspended below where your fresh water tank is. there will also be a tube next to it that is the fresh water over flow tube from the fresh water tank that prevents the tank from overflowing.

not sure about the release valve, i have a wildwood and it is just a switch and electric motor and a rack and pinion gear slide mechanism. most of the manuals dont cover that level of detail, mine sure doesnt.

call FR and ask the questions, most are helpful, we have flagstaff owners on this site, they will respond soon probably. hope you find out what it is.

enjoy your camper
Old 06-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #3

thanks for the advice Wildwood! On the release valve ...it is not a part of the slide....it is just some type of water release that happens to be located there.
dndsprouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndsprouse View Post
How do you drain the fresh water holding tank on a 2007 31' Flagstaff Travel Trailer? Also there is a small release valve under the slide that has been open ever since we bought the tt and we don't know what it is for. We have looked at schematics in our manual but they don't appear to be for our model. I am so happy to have found this forum and cannot believe the wealth of information you guys provide. Thanks so much for providing it!!
Welcome dndsprouse, we like pictures too if possible.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #5

have you tried filling the water tank yet? that valve might be your tank drain.

2006 F250 6.0 Harley Edition
2008 Cedar Creek Day Dreamer
Keith and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #6

Have an 06 Flagstaff 831QBSS. Fresh water drain is under the trailer (driver side) towards front of the slide. White plastic spigot.

Easier to to get at, if slide is in. If slide is out, I need to crawl under the slide to reach it.
Handye9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #7

I have an 08 Flagstaff V lite, and the fresh holding tank is under the sink, there is a thin piece of wood paneling covering the access area into the side of the tank. There you'll find the drain valve, a small plastic inline flip valve to drain the tank. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote