Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #1

Question Need help dewinterizing 2014 Salem villa water lines

have a 2014 Salem villa park model
Can't get water to flow past the bathroom sink filter.
Filled the holding tank, The pump turns on but still only a trickle of water coming through.
Should the water heater be bypassed until the lines run clear?
Does anyone know if this has been an issue for anyone else?
We winterized by compressed air and RV antifreeze.
Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Stevina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
Site Team

How long did you let the pump run for? I had similar problem with mine last year. Think it lost its prime. I ran the pump for about 1 or 2 minutes and it started flowing.
I would keep the hw bypassed until the water is flowing clean.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:58 PM   #3

Definitely keep it bypassed until water flows clear. I'm not familiar with your unit, make sure all valves are on other than the bypass and make sure the bypass is in the right position. When you turn the water pump on open the closest valves to it first and work your way to the furthest. Check all your drain valves if one of them is open you may be dumping water out on the ground.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #4

Thank you both for responding.
Plato, it ran a good 5 minutes and didn't pull any water through. but I'm worried if we run it too long it will damage the pump is that possible? My warranty ran out 3 days ago.
Also, none of our valves are actually labeled so I am guessing as to which direction is correct for on, off and bypass valves.
Thanks again, this is our first large unit and a bit different from our last travel trailer.

Stevina
Old 04-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevina View Post
Thank you both for responding.
Plato, it ran a good 5 minutes and didn't pull any water through. but I'm worried if we run it too long it will damage the pump is that possible? My warranty ran out 3 days ago.
Also, none of our valves are actually labeled so I am guessing as to which direction is correct for on, off and bypass valves.
Thanks again, this is our first large unit and a bit different from our last travel trailer.

Stevina

The water pump can run a long time 'dry' and you will not hurt it. If you (yourself) winterized your unit, do not open the valve to fill up the hot water heater yet. Flush all of the pink stuff out first.

You filled up the holding tank. Keep all valves closed for now.... turn on pump with all valves closed. Let pump run. Is it building any pressure in the water lines to the point that it shuts off the pump? If it does, then open the cold at the closest point to the pump and get a good flow there, then move to the hot (which should still by pass the water heater, need no pink stuff in there). close the kit sink valves off and move to the bath. If you are getting no flow any where, hook up to the city water and see if you can get a flow.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #6

We are running the pump now hoping it will prime. It's been running about 10 minutes so far.
The only valves we have in this entire unit are on the hot water heater. (?) And they are bypassed correctly now.
We started by connecting city water and it would not go further than the inlet under the bathroom sink. It's not even filling the filter.
We then filled the holding tank to see if we could get water that way.
Nothing.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428070492.429104.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	72927
This is frustrating.
I very much appreciate all the feedback folks. Thanks so much
Old 04-03-2015, 09:39 AM   #7

Quote:
We are running the pump now hoping it will prime. It's been running about 10 minutes so far.
The only valves we have in this entire unit are on the hot water heater. (?) And they are bypassed correctly now.
We started by connecting city water and it would not go further than the inlet under the bathroom sink. It's not even filling the filter.
We then filled the holding tank to see if we could get water that way.
Nothing.
Attachment 72927
This is frustrating.
I very much appreciate all the feedback folks. Thanks so much
do you have your drain plugs in? Had to ask.

Can you get to your water pump? Remove the pump incoming line. Is there water to that point? if yes. Is there water in the pump screen bowl? Pull the out flow line off and turn the pump on. Any water coming out? Put finger over the out flow line with water coming out and try to stop the flow in order to 'shut the pump off' do to back pressure. there may be some type of debris in the lines.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:49 AM   #8

Ok thank you!
It ran for about 20 minutes then I heard the water rush up. We do have water now, but the pump never shut off like I assumed it would when it hit a certain pressure.
I'm giving it a little time to cool down just to be safe and then I'll start the pump again and see if it will shut itself off like it's supposed to.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

I am very glad you guys are here to help people out

Stevina
Old 04-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Ok thank you!
It ran for about 20 minutes then I heard the water rush up. We do have water now, but the pump never shut off like I assumed it would when it hit a certain pressure.
I'm giving it a little time to cool down just to be safe and then I'll start the pump again and see if it will shut itself off like it's supposed to.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

I am very glad you guys are here to help people out

Stevina

The pump is fine and will not need a 'cool down' period. There may be air in the lines. Have all faucets closed. turn on pump. open the closest faucet to the pump and leave water on until all air is out. work to the back, faucet by faucets. When you believe that all air is out of the lines. shut all faucets and leave pump on. If it continues to run for a minute or so.... start looking for a water leak at a hose or your drain plugs are not tight. Is the relief valve open on the water heater?

Old 04-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #10

Got it now. The husband left the outside spigot open so it pumped all the water through that.
I now need to hook everything up and should be good to go!

Yay!!
Thanks again my friend, you are a lifesaver!
Old 04-04-2015, 06:30 AM   #11
Site Team

Glad you got it working

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #12

Is the valve at the water pump turned on? Had similar issue and it was off. We had ours winterized by dealer and I dewinteredized. Took me awhile to figure that one out.
KathyEd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem, water, winter, 2014, winterize