Old 01-13-2016, 03:24 PM   #11
Go to an automotive paint store and purchase a bumper repair kit. The repair medium is for ABS plastic. Make sure you fit everything first as the medium will set very fast. It is a two part mixture that mixes as it comes out.
There is an ABS glue at HOME DEPOT for black ABS pipe.

Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #12
Another option might be a bulkhead fitting. They are made in all sizes.

gunpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #13
The link to Valterra showed some ABS fittings that I think will work. Valterra does make ABS tanks-my tank has no stamp on it except the drain gate valve. It does say Valterra. I tried the ABS glue test but it doesn't seem the tank softened at all-unless I didn't leave it on long enough. I'm going to order a couple of those ABS flanges from Valterra-they're 2 bucks each and adhere with ABS glue. If that doesn't work I'll keep trying something else. Don't want to order a new tank. Thanks for sharing-wealth of knowledge out there...
boochingai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:09 PM   #14
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
While back, OC repaired something like this with a soldering iron...
Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:39 PM   #15
You are trying it the wrong way

Originally Posted by boochingai View Post
Hi everybody,

Longtime reader-first time poster. A hose flange for the fresh water tank broke. I bought a replacement that is apparently polyethylene but it will not adhere to the tank even with epoxy. I've been to two local RV supply stores , Home Depot and online and nobody has an ABS replacement. The tank is black so I assume it is ABS. I find it hard to believe that this is not a readily available part. Does anyone know where I can get one? Attached is a picture of the part-it's the greenish part. Thanks
If in fact you have a factory type part you are very correct it will not just "glue on" as that how the factory does it.
On most all factory tanks for all the fittings they are (spun welded) meaning the fitting is spun on to heat both the tank and fitting until the melt themselves together, so you are right there is going to be a very hard way for you to do this the way you are trying it.

There are tank repair kits out there that use strips of the plastic used in the tanks and them you just heat (weld) the parts back together, they are mainly used to fix broken tanks, but can be used for fixing the fitting in the same tank. So you need to look for those repair kits, most likely place is going back to your dealer or a marine parts counter to get the strips so you can weld this back in.

Good luck hope this helps and Happy Camping

2010 Cedar Creek Silverback 35ts
2001 GMC 2500HD w/ Allison & 8.1
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote