Old 01-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #11

Very simple to replace the faucet. The hot and cold lines are plastic pex hoses that have screw-on connections, like a home water hose. There is 2 large plastic connecting nuts that hold it in place on the sink base. A new one at the box store is around 50.00,+or-. Their lowest quality faucets are still ten times better than the factory junk! Good luck, Randy

Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #12

Had same dripping faucet. Went to lowes and bought replacement seats and springs for faucet. Danco part DL-9 fits Delta/Peerless,Aquasource & Glacier Bay. That part is for single handle but fits the double handle rv faucet. Cost $2.14 Easy fix just remove old seats with needle nose pliers & reinstall new seats. About 30 minute job!!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #13

Leaking Faucet at Cartridge Area

Hi, we have a Sabre 31RETS which is about 10 months old and only used for about 2 months. Last night we awoke to the sound of dripping water. The kitchen floor was soaked, and water was leaking fom the faucet where the control handle meets the vertical shaft. The faucet is the single arm control type with the pullouut head that can give either spray or direct water. I took the beast to bits checked that the cartridge was seated properly and put it all back. It worked fine and was bone dry for a few hours. Then, after no use or movement I saw that a very slow leak had once again developed.. I turned the Faucet on and off a couple of times and the leak has gone away again, but I really don't think I can trust it any more.

From reading the thread it seems as though the faucet is the cheapest of the cheap Chinese junk, however as the trailer is still under warranty I am a little hesitant to go out and buy a 3rd party faucet from the big box stores. Does any one know if replacement cartridges are available for this faucet, or are ther FR proprietary?

Wooly
Old 01-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #14

I had the same cheap faucet in my 8313 and the spout leaked where it connects. After replacing the o ring it started leaking again after a few use. I finally went to walmart and purchased a peerless with sprayer. After drilling a hole for the sprayer it is a perfect replacement. DW loves it and no more leaks. Cost $54.00
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #15

Being still under warranty, the best they will do is replace it with the same crappy faucet! My vote goes to replacing it with a much better one from one of the box stores. Heck, their cheapest one is STILL 10X better than the one on there now!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #16

Late on the update, sorry

I phoned my dealer and explained the problem (i.e. the whole trailer was without water due to the kitchen fuacet failing) and told him I needed a fix NOW, not in a weeks time when the el-cheapo parts could be mailed to me, and he authorised me to buy a replacement! Went down to Lowes and bought a new one and fitted it myself, mind you I am still waiting for the cheque, but I do have water.

wooly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet