Old 04-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #1

Need to repair brand new unit shower wall.

Best I can find is that the small white two piece pins that secure the shower wall in my brand new unit may be called anchor rivets. Plastic, two piece, small pushes in to expand the larger with the head on it. Something like the image here.

One is already loose and inner pin protruding. Don't want leakage into wall, and it won't press back in. Can I buy these and what should I do to repair? I'm not hauling this in for warranty for this issue.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #2

yes this is an warranty issue let the dealership fix this to protect your warranty. Did you buy the 2nd year of warranty from forest river for $150? If not call forest river to get the paper work for the 2nd year. Dealer do not have to provide this to you. If you look under the library tab at the top of this page you will find a lot of information on how to maintain your tt, how things work, and phone # for fr and companies that supplied components for the tt.

Hope this helps Tim

Old 04-22-2015, 08:23 AM   #3

Useless for warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVWulp View Post
yes this is an warranty issue let the dealership fix this to protect your warranty. Did you buy the 2nd year of warranty from forest river for $150? If not call forest river to get the paper work for the 2nd year. Dealer do not have to provide this to you. If you look under the library tab at the top of this page you will find a lot of information on how to maintain your tt, how things work, and phone # for fr and companies that supplied components for the tt.

Hope this helps Tim
Tim, thanks but dealer is useless. I'm also replacing brand new furnace circuit board myself, as the dealer and Forest River were too busy trying to place blame to even order a replacement board. I'm 100 miles from dealer and live in my RV. I'm not going to pull up stakes, haul it over there and get a hotel room while they order a part. It cost me $110, but working with furnace factory rep to get money refunded.

I'm certainly not going to haul it in for minor stuff like a shower wall pin. I'll hopefully find part and keep some on hand, and repair myself.

Jim
Old 04-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkimmons View Post
Tim, thanks but dealer is useless. I'm also replacing brand new furnace circuit board myself, as the dealer and Forest River were too busy trying to place blame to even order a replacement board. I'm 100 miles from dealer and live in my RV. I'm not going to pull up stakes, haul it over there and get a hotel room while they order a part. It cost me $110, but working with furnace factory rep to get money refunded.

I'm certainly not going to haul it in for minor stuff like a shower wall pin. I'll hopefully find part and keep some on hand, and repair myself.

Jim
Smart move on your part. I don't understand folks using warranty for a $100 or less repair and having to hook up and drag a camper to the dealer to save a couple of bucks just to think it will keep the warranty intact. Unless it is a major cost item, I fix it myself and forget it. I towed ours across town to get the landing jack fixed, spent 4 hrs there and had to take it all apart when I got home and do it right. Never again. Most dealers will cause more harm than good. NOW, the folks at Goshen rally will fix the problems the correct way. They are good folks.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkimmons View Post
Best I can find is that the small white two piece pins that secure the shower wall in my brand new unit may be called anchor rivets. Plastic, two piece, small pushes in to expand the larger with the head on it. Something like the image here.

One is already loose and inner pin protruding. Don't want leakage into wall, and it won't press back in. Can I buy these and what should I do to repair? I'm not hauling this in for warranty for this issue.
These type of fasteners are used alot in automotive trim you could start at a Napa or similar type of store and go from there.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Smart move on your part. I don't understand folks using warranty for a $100 or less repair and having to hook up and drag a camper to the dealer to save a couple of bucks just to think it will keep the warranty intact. Unless it is a major cost item, I fix it myself and forget it. I towed ours across town to get the landing jack fixed, spent 4 hrs there and had to take it all apart when I got home and do it right. Never again. Most dealers will cause more harm than good. NOW, the folks at Goshen rally will fix the problems the correct way. They are good folks.
Yeah, at 8 miles/gallon + hotel + aggravation, it's just not worth it to me.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
These type of fasteners are used alot in automotive trim you could start at a Napa or similar type of store and go from there.
Thanks, I'll check that out. As I investigate, it looks like it's never been fastened behind the wall, as there is no solid support behind it in this section. I can just push the wall back a full inch and still get nothing really solid. I'll probably just seal it with white silicone and move on. But I'll find fasteners for the future.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:19 PM   #8

Hi sorry the dealer is of no help to you. The flagstaff dealer has been very helpful with fixing the several small problems I have had. I have fixed some of the problems my self that were adjustments or not put together properly that were easy fixes and would not have warranty implications in the future. You paid the dealer and or forest river a certain amount of money when you purchased the tt to cover these repair costs. When you make the repair to the shower wall clip buy a high grade silicone caulk try to get some of the caulk behind the shower wall and the tt wall to help seal it and to hold it to the tt wall. You my want to put a brace against the shower wall to hold it there while the caulk drys.

Hope this helps Tim
Old 04-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Our local Ace Hardware and Home Depot have these. Haven't seen them in plastic but I have purchased them in Aluminum and S.S.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #10

Home Depot or Lowe's
look in building supplies. where they sell FRP panels, this is what is used for installing, all plastic.

Tags
repair, show, shower