Old 10-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
Since mine is still under warranty I took it to the shop on Monday for the fix whereas normally I would have done a self-fix. I will post later their analysis and repair requirements hopefully later this week. At least I am glad these bugs are biting while it is still under the warranty period.

glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
If element started drawing excess current for a time (less than 20amp trip setting) it could cook the thermostat easily. Suburban is questioning the validity of the thermostat being covered full term. I returned mine over a week ago and have not heard anything yet.
Just yesterday I received full reinbursement for my cost of part and shipping for the 120V thermostat. I bought the part from a third party internet dealer although it was a Suburban marked parts bag. I told them in my letter I installed and tested myself, no labor charges. When I first reported it they hesitated on 3rd party and shipping but paid it all.

VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 AM   #13
I just had to do mine. Very easy to change out.
ot06865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #14
Thanks to all that posted a reply to my post back in mid October. I ended up draining the tank and changing out the anode rod, heating element which I was able to diagnose bad with a multimeter (resistance check), and the thermostat. No problems! So nice to be using the campground electricity rather than my propane! Now I can help others know how to do this!

mambojambo is offline   Reply With Quote