Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #21

Winterizing Rockwood Mini Lite 1905

Nammy,

We are first time owners and this will be our first attempt at winterizing our Rockwood Mini Lite 1905. I read your posts and it looks like you got everything figured out for winterizing the rockwood mini lite 1905. Any pointers, pictures, direction you can give me would be greatly appreciated. The manual is of little assistance when it come to what valves to put in what positions and how to use the external A/F inlet. Do you have any close up pictures of the valves on the water tank and what position they need to be in? Did you find it necessary to get a smaller diameter hose for the A/F inlet? We were just thinking of using a piece of garden hose cut to a short length. I read in your thread that someone advised you to get a smaller diameter hose.
roxie1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #22

I believe all of the Mini Lites have antifreeze inlets now. I got away with using a cut garden hose in a jug of antifreeze with no problem. Didn't need a smaller hose, but my setup allowed me to set the jug in the front storage and I only needed a few feet of hose.

If you'll look at post 18, the pictures show a fairly common setup for water heater bypass. Inlet and outlet blocked (valve handle ACROSS the line indicates closed) and the crossover open (valve handle INLINE with the line). If you follow the line from the inlet side of the water pump (should be a strainer / filter on that side ) it will split off in two directions. One line goes to the fresh tank and the other to the antifreeze inlet on the side of the trailer. There should be a valve at this junction. Point the handle on that valve towards the line going to the side of the trailer and the pump will pull from there.

You may have two valves instead of one at this location. If that's the case, close the one going to the tank and open the one going to the side of the trailer.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #23

Your posts have been very helpful in winterizing my 2015 mini lite 2306. Thank you!

Could someone offer advice on the filter canister? I've noticed the filter was never installed at the dealer and I was hoping to just pump the AF through to winterize. Seems this may not be sufficient. I plan to bypass via shark bite in the spring.

What's the best way to remove without breaking?

Best practices?

Thanks in advance Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1414608371.287117.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	922.8 KB
ID:	65531Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1414608395.862203.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	732.7 KB
ID:	65532
nickrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #24

I am happy to report that winterizing was a breeze in my Rockwood Mini Lite 1905! I just reversed the direction of all of the valves by my water heater and pump, connected to the outside anti freeze inlet and was able to pump the anti freeze through all of the lines (after draining everything of course). Took less than 2 gallons and I poured the rest into all the traps and toilet. Now I can start counting the days until my first trip in spring!!!
roxie1824 is offline   Reply With Quote