Old 03-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper1999 View Post
X2 but I use 1/4 cup per 40 gallons which I heard is enough if you let it sit in the tank for awhile. This mixture will not harm any seals either.
camper1999,,,
Is the reason you can't smell it because you use unscented bleach ???
I used something other than regular bleach once,,, never again !!!

Old 03-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #22

I use 1/4 cup bleach for every 15 gals., run water through all taps, even outside shower and hot water tank. Let sit for 24 hours and drain then rinse twice. I don't trust whole house filters and I have one. A couple of years go while camping in a camp ground, where we've camped before, I got "beaver fever" just brushing my teeth with the campground water. I lost 20 lbs in 12 days. Not a whole lot of fun. I have 2, 50 gal, collapsible, potable water containers that I use the bleach in also. If you experience the bad smelling hot water while showering, drain the tank and put bleach in the tank via the drain hole, fill with water, let stand for a few hours, drain, refill and rinse, refill and you should be good to go. By filling your fresh water tank when using bleach, you don't have to drive around. Do your maintenance and you shouldn't have a problem. We travel with tank 1/3 full for pit stops along the way.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeman View Post
I use 1/4 cup bleach for every 15 gals., run water through all taps, even outside shower and hot water tank. Let sit for 24 hours and drain then rinse twice. I don't trust whole house filters and I have one. A couple of years go while camping in a camp ground, where we've camped before, I got "beaver fever" just brushing my teeth with the campground water. I lost 20 lbs in 12 days. Not a whole lot of fun. I have 2, 50 gal, collapsible, potable water containers that I use the bleach in also. If you experience the bad smelling hot water while showering, drain the tank and put bleach in the tank via the drain hole, fill with water, let stand for a few hours, drain, refill and rinse, refill and you should be good to go. By filling your fresh water tank when using bleach, you don't have to drive around. Do your maintenance and you shouldn't have a problem. We travel with tank 1/3 full for pit stops along the way.
Why do they call it Beaver Fever ???
I would Love to loose 20 lbs,,, but that sounds like NO fun !!!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:46 AM   #24

Look here, Giardia infection (giardiasis) - Mayo Clinic

My wife gave me medication 3 times a day....151 proof dark rum...she thought I had scurvy...
Old 03-21-2016, 09:51 AM   #25

Quote:

My wife gave me medication 3 times a day....151 proof dark rum...she thought I had scurvy...
I hope your wife is a Nurse and can write me a Scrip,I think I have the "Scurvy" also! Youroo!!
Old 03-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #26

Quote:

Sounds Nasty !!!
Guess that is why some people gave there kids beer to drink back in the day !!! It was safer than the water supply !!!
Old 03-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #27

No youroo, she's not a nurse. We've been married going on 47 years and she's been taking care of me all that time....sit in that chair, don't drink the water, drink this instead.....good mouth wash.....yes dear........
Old 03-21-2016, 10:37 AM   #28

One thing no one has touched on is the metal strainer on the pump inlet. After all this flushing and sanitizing check for plastic pieces in this strainer. Shavings from manufacturing can clog this and if they get to the pump could damage the impeller.

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank