Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 11:51 PM   #1

New 16 foot GeoPro

Hello -
We have a new 16 foot GeoPro that we love so far. However one issue I can’t clear is the air in the water lines. I’ve checked the filter for leaks, made sure all three of the water lines were open. Lever aligned to the pipe, except for the main which seems opposite?

Anyway, we get water, but with air. I’m not sure where to go from here. I’ll try the lines again, but when I turn the main to the direction of the pipe, I don’t get a water feed. Should I be looking else where?
Thanks!
Desmo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:04 PM   #2

My guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo007 View Post
Hello -
We have a new 16 foot GeoPro that we love so far. However one issue I can’t clear is the air in the water lines. I’ve checked the filter for leaks, made sure all three of the water lines were open. Lever aligned to the pipe, except for the main which seems opposite?

Anyway, we get water, but with air. I’m not sure where to go from here. I’ll try the lines again, but when I turn the main to the direction of the pipe, I don’t get a water feed. Should I be looking else where?
Thanks!
My guess is that the winterization valve is part-way open instead of fully closed.

Near the water pump is a three-way valve. It allows the water pump to pull from either the water tank or a short piece of flexible tubing. (In the fall you insert that tubing into a jug of RV antifreeze--not automotive antifreeze--and run all the faucets and toilet until all the lines are filled with antifreeze.)

After the antifreeze has been run in (in the fall or spring), you turn the valve so water is drawn from the water tank only. My guess is that the valve isn't completely turned and is drawing water from both the tank and tubing.

The water pump and valve are usually hidden behind a cabinet or screwed-on panel. You can run the pump and follow the sound to find it. The valve will be easy to spot.

Larry
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #3

Thanks Larry. I'll revisit the lines.
Desmo007 is offline   Reply With Quote